G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was wondering for those that have been there before. whats there helmet law and requiremenets for nitrous and aftermarket turbo or supercharger. do they require a Flame jacket? just wondering how strict they are i dont wanna go there and not beable to run. thanks!

ps. kyle you might need a jacket with aftermarket supercharger.. i may need one because im spraying along with the supercharger.

·
Registered
545 Posts
well i was wondering for those that have been there before. whats there helmet law and requiremenets for nitrous and aftermarket turbo or supercharger. do they require a Flame jacket? just wondering how strict they are i dont wanna go there and not beable to run. thanks!

ps. kyle you might need a jacket with aftermarket supercharger.. i may need one because im spraying along with the supercharger.
usually it's flame jacket for straight meth or cars running under 11's

least around here .. helmets are under 13s but i'm hoping they rent

·
Registered
545 Posts
call teh track lol thats my only suggestion.. i MIGHT need a helmet or something

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Well this is from the site. There are 2 possible classes for you to go in:

"Footbrake (10.00 - 17.99)
No Electronics. Delay Boxes, Air Throttles, Transbrakes & Two Steps are Prohibited. Line Locks permitted in burnout process only.

Street Legal/Sport Compact (11.50 - Up)
No Electronics. Sport Compact Class; Nitrous is Prohibited."

The helmet rule is based on E/T and I don't think you would need one if your running over 14. I sent an email to them to find out about the flame jacket and exact helmet requirement.

AFAIK it don't matter that you have aftermarket turbos or supercharger, it depends on how fast your going.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so whats the quickest u can go without a rollbar? 11.5sec? :-|

well ill run it without spray for a few runs if im not happy ill sneak my bottle in the car and do a few runs with it in :helovesme

if i get kicked out for going to fast oh well

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
so whats the quickest u can go without a rollbar? 11.5sec? :-|

well ill run it without spray for a few runs if im not happy ill sneak my bottle in the car and do a few runs with it in :helovesme

if i get kicked out for going to fast oh well
I'm guessing that your right about the rollbar. If they're like the local track here, the "tech" inspection was "pop your hood....ok here you go" like he barely looked or was looking for something specific. idk. If your no2 is stealthy it likely they won't know you have it anyway. Unless you have a vertical purge valve behind your hood, lol!

why would they prohibit nitrous? thats stupid
I agree. No one answers the phone which was why i sent the email to clarify this.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Probably because some people suck at running nitrous. Its a bitch for the track crew to clean up the track from someone's manifold blowing up.

Usually helmet rules are by E/T... you should contact the track to see specifics.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thread jack:

Do we have two orange 06 ions that weren't original enough to come up with a better username than that? Haha jw
hjaha nah 06_ion2 is vic red.. AND he came first lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
I post the info as soon as they respond in some way.
awesome man.. it'll be a real downer if i need to buy a bunch of shit to run lol.. also could you check to see if they rent helmets?

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
awesome man.. it'll be a real downer if i need to buy a bunch of shit to run lol.. also could you check to see if they rent helmets?
Sure. but i think the standard rule is that helmets are required if you are faster then 14.0 on the 1/4. Thats what my local track follows. Also, roll cages are needed if you are faster than 11.5.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably because some people suck at running nitrous. Its a bitch for the track crew to clean up the track from someone's manifold blowing up.

Usually helmet rules are by E/T... you should contact the track to see specifics.
my intake mani shouldnt blow up its metal :( but oh well they can clean up the track when my axel snaps and flys off my transmision and sprays oil all over the track :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Okay. So they answered my email and said that they follow the IHRA rulebook for all classes. And, after looking at the rulebook, you are only required to wear a helmet if you are faster than 14.00 on 1/4 mi. Protective clothing is only mentioned on classes running 11.49 and quicker. So, afaik, nobody that is going to the meet would need to bring anything other than what they normally wear.
If you want to paruse the rulebook, here is the link: http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?m=1203&l=1&p=1

Hope that aswers your questions!

·
Registered
545 Posts
do they rent helmets? lol i'm too much of a cheap ass to buy one

1 - 20 of 63 Posts