G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if installing Eibach Sportlines on our cars viod the warranty ???
I have talked with two dealers here one said absolutly voids the warranty and the other says they work on lowered vehicles for warranty.

Anyone know whats been said in your area ????????

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
they have to prove the part created the problem , my exhuast seperated adn they blamed it on my lowering springs and I said oh really, where did it hit?? it got fixed, jsut dont take any crap form the dealerships, lol. if anything i can see them not warrentying supsension components and steering becasue of it. but even then argue it.

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to make sure the engine and trans are covered before I do this..... I personally dont care about the struts and componets that it will wear faster...... just the powertrain.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Nope, they cannot void a warranty on anything for use of aftermarket products unless they can prove that that aftermarket part's use caused the problem directly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Generally, this is difficult for the dealership to prove in most cases.

Say you put in an aftermarket stereo head unit, and then a week later your cam happens to shatter and gut the camshafts. A dealership CAN NOT void the warranty on the cam and camshafts because you installed an aftermarket stereo head unit. The HU did not cause the camshaft to fail. Now, if you swapped yoru stock cam out for an aftermarket one, and the third party camshaft failed, and shredded your camshaft, then it would void that warranty on the cams and camshafts.

If the dealership won't budge, start fighting it in the show room infront of potential customers... that'll get them to submit very quickly. Should that fail, either go to another dealer, or get the BBB involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts