Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: Magnaflow Muffler - Polished Stainless Steel 2.5" In/Out

Type of Modification: Performance

Price: $100.00 CDN

Product Rating: 10

Where you bought it: Ebay

I had this professionally installed - sounds great and adds a few extra horses to the get up and go. This in combination with the intake are two great mods!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, I've been trying to decide what kind of muffler to get for my car. Could you give me a link to exactly which muffler you purchased?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This review is for the Muffler only - why replace a perfectly good stainless system with something like this?

Its the exact same thing only polished and slightly larger for the 3" straight pipe. Also, if you buy the larger piping your downpipe would have to be changed to accomodate the larger tubing.

I would NOT recommend the straight pipe as it has the resonator delete which makes the car sound very raspy and a lot of back fire on downshift.

Here is the part I purchased:

Muffler

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, thanks alot farfromnormal. Right now, I just want to replace the muffler, and I'm really not interested in purchasing a stainless system. The guy at the muffler shop in town gave me a quote alot cheaper than that stainless system for bigger pipe all the way through. He told me that I'm not going to keep the car forever, so why pay that much for exhaust?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ If you have a GT the car has a stainless system in it already - its just not polished.

Check into the bigger piping - like I said, bigger piping involves a downpipe mod.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i have a flowmaster muffler. everyone on this site seems to badmouth them but i love mine. my dad had one on his truck for 6 years with no problems and another guy we know on a camaro for almost 6 years. i have a video under show your stuff if you wanna see it on a 2.2 thoughtless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts