G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, when I was changing the oil in the car. I noticed a small oil leak at the bottom of the trans, right beneath where the half shafts go in, but it doesn't look like it's coming from the half shaft seals. Can't tell where it's coming from and it looks like it's been doing it for a while. Kind of thinking of taking it to the dealer, while it's still under warranty and when I get time of course. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this too.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, It's not that bad really, but I just can't stand leaks of any kind and before it gets worse. I'm going to call the dealer sometime this week or next, not that I want to.;)

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they take so long working on shit
Agreed, that's why I'm leary of calling them right now, maybe I'll change my mind and do like Aaron and just wait until the warranty is about up, idk. But knowing it's their, is bugging me somewhat.;)

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
yeah, that's why i've been delaying taking it in about my 4th gear grind. i'm sure they'll probably end up having it for a couple days minimum. i'm tempted to just wait until the warranty is almost up.
That's why I'm nervous about taking my car to a dealer to get my codes looked at. Firstly, cause I don't really have a dealer anymore, and secondly cause they're notorious for milking hours, as everyone says. I may go for a standard auto shop.

Agreed, that's why I'm leary of calling them right now, maybe I'll change my mind and do like Aaron and just wait until the warranty is about up, idk. But knowing it's their, is bugging me somewhat.;)
If it's to do with the transmission, leaving it would be bad. :( Good thing you're getting it looked at!

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to taking her in, but I guess it's better than letting it go and it's still under warranty, so that helps........a little;)

·
Death metal connoisseur
6,065 Posts
Does your dealership offer loaner car?
I say take it in! Make them pay.
If it is under warranty it is as good as free. Remember your college days and take it ;)

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it is under warranty it is as good as free. Remember your college days and take it ;)
:(Well, it's at the dealership now and they said no cost of course. They don't offer a loaner car, just a free shuttle service. It's ok, I'll just drive my clunky old truck for now.:lol:

Yeah, Serge, I don't really remember my collage days much anymore, that was in the dark ages.:lol:

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
:(Well, it's at the dealership now and they said no cost of course. They don't offer a loaner car, just a free shuttle service. It's ok, I'll just drive my clunky old truck for now.:lol:
Same here. Every dealer around here just offers shuttle.

Hope it gets fixed cheap and fast!! :D

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
i get a loaner car if it's going to be longer than a day, otherwise it's a shuttle service. however, i always get some piece of shit old-man buick to drive as a loaner from them. i hate it!

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
i get a loaner car if it's going to be longer than a day, otherwise it's a shuttle service. however, i always get some piece of shit old-man buick to drive as a loaner from them. i hate it!
:lol: I guess it helps you love your car that much more - being stuck in a tank like that! :lol:

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was quick. They couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from, so they put a dye in it and told me to bring it back in about 200 miles and they'll repair it for free, of course.;) They also will give a loaner if necessary.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts