G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know road and track post that info on cars they test but I don't know where to find it for our cars.

I want to know for the manual 2.4 what's the max speed we can achieve in each gear?

thanks

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't want to ;)

I'm trying to improve my 0-60mph times but don't know if we can hit it in 2nd

also are we supposed to be able to complete the 1/4 in 3rd gear? I tried once today and had to brake before the end but I was almost going to need a shift in 4th!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
no really is it i got it to 60 something then the rev limiter kicked on idk i would have to do it again i might be wrong but im pretty sure it was in the 60s

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
07g5gt said:
no really is it i got it to 60 something then the rev limiter kicked on idk i would have to do it again i might be wrong but im pretty sure it was in the 60s
Dude, you're crazy. LMAO. I only hit the rev limiter once in 2nd. There was one of the usual ******** in his loud ass dodge dulie diesel revving it up at me like crazy. I knew I could smoke him, of course, but I wanted to get as much distance between us as possible. So, I was passing him in second gear, fipped the bird out the sunroof and started to gain a good bit of distance from him when I felt the car quit. I didn't know what was going on a first. lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
07g5gt said:
thats going to bug me now haha im going to try it tomorrow and ill let you no what it does
LMAO. Always somebody crazy enough to try it. :p

But, I'd still like to know....I might try it myself

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
it might have been sec gear then. not sure but i no i did it in one of the gears ill see what it does this weekend

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well if we can get to 60MPH in 2nd then it's just kissing the rev limiter

I tried it once and pussied out and shifted in 3rd but I want to know if it's doable cause that extra shift might be what's hurting my 0-60mph time!

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude, I slowly accelerated in first, then shifted to 2nd slowly and then gunned it. the speeds were right and I did it more than one time

I think that you were spinning the tires :lol:

or your memory just plain sucks

try it out tomorrow you'll see :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
well stop babying the thing and run through first. If you're slow rolling first, you're not going to get the same speeds as shooting through the rpms and powershifting into second.

by not going all out in first, there's your main reason you're 0-60 times are not good.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts