G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out a fuse and noticed my fuse labeled "Cool Fans" is missing. Is this normal for a 2007 G5 Base model?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
If you are missing the low relay, the cooling fan likely won't run until the temp is high enough for the high relay to flip. Low Temp iirc flips on about 215F, High around 230F? If it doesnt flip at all, even with A/C and Relays, u need a new fan
I was also missing the Low relay initially and had 'warm' issues till I put it in. Now I have issues cuz my fan died

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are missing the low relay, the cooling fan likely won't run until the temp is high enough for the high relay to flip. Low Temp iirc flips on about 215F, High around 230F? If it doesnt flip at all, even with A/C and Relays, u need a new fan
I was also missing the Low relay initially and had 'warm' issues till I put it in. Now I have issues cuz my fan died
I have relays for cool fans 1 and 2 but then there's a spot for just cool fans

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I searched up a few videos and seen that relay missing as we'll
What range it typically for coolant on yours? Mines hitting 104c often under normal conditions

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay. Thanks. I have in cool fans 1 and 2 but not in spot labeled "cool fans"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My coolant temp is usually 218 220 my fans kick on around 213 214
Yours sound pretty similar to mine. Good to know. Mechanic here told me it's basically over heating at this temp, but I don't think so. Seems fine other than the computer issues it's now having. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yours sound pretty similar to mine. Good to know. Mechanic here told me it's basically over heating at this temp, but I don't think so. Seems fine other than the computer issues it's now having. Thank you!
These car's are weird my car's computer was acting up as we'll i tried everything even the whole running a ground wire with no results so i checked all my wire's taped them all back up then tried resitting all my sensors and still nothing then i unplugged my secondary air injection pump and my car was running beautiful replaced it haven't had a problem since

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
Mechanic here told me it's basically over heating at this temp,
As I said, the fans kick in at 215 and 230, alot of newer vehicles run around this temp your mechanic is an idiot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts