G5 Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but I love mine. I was skeptical at first but the thing actually works!

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i have a black car and have washed it 2 times with it and i basically have to change my underwear everytime i do it. its so easy and actually fun, plus best of all it works. best 18 dollars i ever spent. the only thing is that when it sprays the filtered water it sprays slow (because its going throught the filter) and it takes a while to rinse the car and all the cracks. but other than that i love it. definatly a great investment especially for around 20 bucks usd.

idk if anyone knows this because i didnt, but it has 3 stages. it has a nice stream for rinsing, you can fill it with soap and set the dial to suds and it sprays the soap on for you, and then it has the filtered final rinse. i just thought it was the final rinse with the filter. no bucket of soapy water anymore. plus it has an on off that actually works with the flip of a thumb

A+++

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
yeah, I'm stuck inbetween buying one of those or a filtering system for my pressure washer.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I've been using the Mr. Clean wash. Although it doesn't eliminate all of the water spots, it does filter out quite a number of them if you are using a good cartridge. Now of course, my water is superhard, and will show mineral spots on even a silver car. It makes it alot easier to make that car shine though. Just a bit of wax and a random orbital and I can get my car to shine like a mirror.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
hehe true, Vancouver water is so soft. They had an article in the paper a while back saying Vancouverites really only needed a fraction of the recommended soaps on product labels because the water is softer than normal.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I dont use it alot on my car, but I do on my parents car and ill admit I was VERY skeptical myself when first got it but it def works and does a GREAT job!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a black car and I use it all the time - I did an experiment recently actually and the results are pretty impressive. With the Mr. Clean Auto Wash you can wash your car at any time of the day - Yet if you were to do that by hand with your regular hose you would have water spots - at least I did washing it at the peak sun point.

Anyhow, I love it and will continue to use it. The only thing I don't like is the soap is super expensive. I still use a bucket of soap so I am not using a huge amount of the mr clean stuff.

Karnivor - Yes, the Mr. Clean auto magic has a three step system - the fine mist spray is not to be used to rinse your car. This is the final step that is used after you wash and rinse the car. If you read the instructions thats how they tell you to use it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We did a few tests with it on JCO and found that it works well, but all depends on your water type (soft or hard water, city or well)

I'm on Well water and it didnt work as well as I had hoped on my black cav.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
works well, I like it. Too bad we dont have a chance to use it as much (no hose/area to wash the car at the new condo... :( )

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
farfromnormal- i know that, i just said when i was planning on buying it i thought it was just the filter. i didnt know it had the soap dispenser or anything until i bought it. i was just telling people in case they were looking into it and didnt know that.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Might have to pick one up when I get back then. I'm out visiting my dad on the praries and they have a kickass carwash in the little hicktown I'm at. The waters heated too, after going through the whole cycle and the spot free rinse there's no need to hand dry either as the water is really well filtered.

Seriously, it looks like I just claybar'd the car after I go through that place.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't like car washes, I prefer to do it myself or at the ones where you get out and spray your car like in a big bay thingy... Although, the 3 colored foamy stuff that gets sprayed all over your car is sweeeeeeet :D :shock:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
tank said:
I don't like car washes, I prefer to do it myself or at the ones where you get out and spray your car like in a big bay thingy... Although, the 3 colored foamy stuff that gets sprayed all over your car is sweeeeeeet :D :shock:
sorry that's what I meant, a wand wash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts