G5 Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think that'll work for our cars because of the electronic throttle control (or fly by wire as I call it).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes it says that is the mechanical one and the electrical ones will be available later on. I wouldnt go with the mechanical if i were you though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The latest Ecotec in the G5 and Cobalt need the Electronic (fly by wire) throttle body. We do not have it now but we are looking into producing some soon. The main problem is that the cores are costly at this time being a electronic design and it's also more work and care to manufacture it.

We'll keep you posted 8)

·
Original Member
904 Posts
nice, this would go nicely with the 2.4 intake manifold swap!

·
Original Member
904 Posts
you keep the 2.2 tb. The 2.4 tb throws the car into limp mode.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
why not just go all out and swap the intake mani for the 2.0L one. itll make room for the m62 =]

that was my thinking anyway when i got it haha

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you do that I'd take the time to install the GM dual pass intercooler endplate. It'll help you run cooler which should make you slightly quicker.

As for TB's, check this out.
http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/catalo ... cts_id=641
I don't know the specs, but I know it is bigger than OEM on the LSJ's. I'll assume it is the same way on the LE5's and the L61's.

A few other things since you guys have started talking about intake manifolds, etc.
http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/catalo ... 656879c885

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
First like post above its a wire driven throttle body, and your wireless. 2nd, most times jsut adding a TB wont do anything at all for power incress but in your head. To make a TB work for a gain your also going have to do intake manifold. Then if you want to get most out of your money. Need a CAI, TB, ported intake mainfold, and headers to get full use of a larger TB. Just poping it on your not going to see anything or very little on a dyno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts