G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: MRZ Performande door sills (Pontiac G5)

Type of Modification: Appearance

Price: $60.00 USD

Product Rating: 10

Where you bought it: http://mrzperformance.vstore.ca

Great guy to deal with, great packaging, very professionnal, fast delivery.

Overall a great buying experience

as for the product, it's great, looks like it was made to be there, very easy to install, great quality.

Mine had a slight curvature to them so they're not 100% horizontal with the stock rubber sills but that might be because I left them in the box for a long time before installing them.

I'm very satisfied and would recommend this to anyone!

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the same curve was in mine, but when i installed it, i started at one end and bent it so it overlapped the rubber a bit and when it settled, it was perfectly straight. just a tip for anyone else who gets them

def recommend them

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mine were kinda bowed out, the edges touched the rubber but the middle doesn't.

Don't really mind though, anyone who makes a big deal get the honor of walking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the door sills :p

The curve result from the rubber OEM sill that is installed in factory with a precision that vary, some of them come out straight and other have cruves in them. The stainless sills is 100% straight, the trick is to check out before you install and push the rubber sill out a bit where it curves, takes a little more time but you can get to close that cap.

Thank again for your business guys! :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd really love an aftermarket cover for the Coil on plug system for our cars. Even just something that would clip over them. They look so damn odd.

Everyone asks where my spark plug wires are when they first see my car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for posting the new parts you would like to get made.

We will have the stainless steel engine covers for the 2.2 and 2.4 NA pretty soon ;)

You are righ about the fuse box cover... it could be done with the Pontiac arrow head or similar design. If there is enough interest we will look forward to make them... 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts
DecoyGSX said:
I'd really love an aftermarket cover for the Coil on plug system for our cars. Even just something that would clip over them. They look so damn odd.

God i know what you mean my friends give me shit for that all the time. They always ask me how my car runs without spark plugs??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Gonedrivin said:
DecoyGSX said:

God i know what you mean my friends give me shit for that all the time. They always ask me how my car runs without spark plugs??
Yeah, I get grief from all my Honda friends for having coil pack altogether.

·
So Delicious !
5,271 Posts
I have the MRZ door sills also and my rubber was not straight either....
I just let it bake in the sun with the doors open for a few hours and then the rubber was eaiser to move to straight when you started at one end and pushed the rubber back with the door sill and woooo laaaa..... no gaps.
Great added touch :!:

·
Needs Something New To Do
1,568 Posts
MRZ-RedGTZ said:
Thanks for posting the new parts you would like to get made.

We will have the stainless steel engine covers for the 2.2 and 2.4 NA pretty soon ;)

You are righ about the fuse box cover... it could be done with the Pontiac arrow head or similar design. If there is enough interest we will look forward to make them... 8)
any updates on the engine cover

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok when installing these things, i know it goes in the blank space above the current stock sill, but my question is the does the MRZ sill go over/under/ or just right up next to the existing sill?

some close up pics would be awesome

·
Registered
375 Posts
njg5gt said:
right against the sill. takes a little maneuvering to get it right, but they look great

maneuvering of what?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts