G5 Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I'm driving home from work around 1:30 am this morning, along Westmorland Rd (East bound, left lane) and BANG there it is, a solid hole with a raised man cover, approximtly 4 feet wide, square, with a depth of about 1/2 a foot (maybe a little deeper) WITH ABSOLUTLEY NO MARKINGS TO SHOW A RAISED MANHOLE, OR A SECTION OF ROAD THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BARRICADED!!!. I call the police and all he does is say, "oh, how much did that rim/ tire cost?..." Also aware of the potential damage to other drivers had placed a large pylon to block future traffic to hit it.

My brand new rim and tire are destroyed!!! Only had the tire on maybe 2 weeks ago.

What legal recourse can I take against either the City Works dept or Debly consturction???

·
Registered
188 Posts
That looks very repairable. See my post in the Wheel section about my bent rim. $110 and it's like new...

·
Registered
493 Posts
if it was left unmarked than the city is responsible for it,my friend just did 3000.00 in damage last week cause a riverview construction company did not mark where they finished working and left it for the night.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jlmd said:
That looks very repairable. See my post in the Wheel section about my bent rim. $110 and it's like new...
... it's not just bent, the outer lip on the rims is actually serperated from the rest of the rim, now in 2 completely seperated pieces, the innner rim is slightly bent, but not too bad.

I'll keep everybody posted on how it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
thats shitty, hopefully everything works out

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far I've been in touch back and forth.. everything is filled and I ordered a new rim today.... I'm hoping for a quick recovery of my money but I'm happy in one sence, I just sold my old 17's and the new ones haven't even been on 2 weeks, but the tire survived without damage or scuffs!

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
that sucks man. we got the same issue here in edmonton, suprised i havent messed up my rims. that was a nice style rim btw. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts