G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these pics are from a camera phone so the quality isn't great.

I did the install for the satellite radio myself utilizing the storage compartment where the truck latch is located. i use a Sirius One Receiver, and I should be able to use the Audio in jack, it's just a matter of making it look like a clean install.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
A lot of the new 2007/2008 G5's in Canada are branded as "Special Edition" lately... I don't know why I think its because they threw in a bunch of accessories you normally had to pay for extra as free upgrade and labled it as "special edition". So I'm assuming that its stock... heck my 2006 doesn't even have the G5 badge :(. you guys all have buttons your steering wheels' mine is just base :(:( oh well.. I'm working with it.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I still wish I had the charchoal seats, then I wouldn't have to have my damn seat covers haha.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: my black SE from when i first got it...

lorneh1234 said:

I did the install for the satellite radio myself utilizing the storage compartment where the truck latch is located. i use a Sirius One Receiver, and I should be able to use the Audio in jack, it's just a matter of making it look like a clean install.
Welcome!

If it's any help someone on this forum did rewire their audio input jack so it would feed from the trunk release compartment. I believe they rewired it behind the front cover, so it'd be a nice clean run. Sorry I can't remember who did it though, it was on the older forum.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah its a new thing for the "later" 07 models I am thinking, as I just saw some with it in the dealership. But I think there is 2 levels of SE, the original SE with everything but the 2.4L of the GT and the Special Edition>SE which has 15" rims not steelies and no chrome exhaust tip and a few other less options. The only ones so far I have seen with the SE badge have been the original SE's, not the special edition. But I could be wrong all together on this

Ooookkkk so I am wrong just realized as last picture posted was of the SE special edition, honestly the first I have seen with the SE badge on them. Pontiac sure is being confusing to me lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was a later 2007 - i bought it may 31st and it was on the lot maybe a month at the most. i think the se badge balances out the g5 one at the other side,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: my black SE from when i first got it...

Mayseth said:
lorneh1234 said:

Welcome!

If it's any help someone on this forum did rewire their audio input jack so it would feed from the trunk release compartment. I believe they rewired it behind the front cover, so it'd be a nice clean run. Sorry I can't remember who did it though, it was on the older forum.
i was able to run the wire under the dash but when i plugged it into the reciever i busted the plug on the sat radio so i still have to use the fm modulator...

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
looks good pin striping looks neat and thats a good location for the Sirius Sat. Radio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts