G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - So, I am going to whore my car a little, cause I love it.

The Various Stages of my beloved "Fade To Black" - I also have the TWM shift shifter installed and a custom Eclipse stereo system. I will take more pics tomorrow.

Stock as Stock Can be - Snow and all:

Spring Has Sprung - Still stock!

My first Mod - Projector Headlights

My second, Third and Fourth mod(s)- Injen Intake FTW, DC Sports Carbon Strut bar & 15% tint all around.

The wheels:

And Now (Yes, I know - it needs to be lowered)

and a video of my exhaust - Magnaflow 2.5" Catback system

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/ ... ldrive.flv

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good. I would of had black if my last black car wasn't so freaking hard to keep clean!

Do you have any video or sound clip of the exhaust from outside the car? It sounds good inside....I'm looking to buy an exhaust but I don't want one that sounds like one of those Walmart noise cans you see all the civic hatchback drivers racing around with. :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and get one for you - maybe tomorrow :lol:

The clip is from when I had the resonator delete - I put it back in because it sounded like crap.

My system is stainless magnaflow 2.5". I highly recommend it.

I am actually going to write up a product review for it and some of my other mods too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That'd be awesome if you could make a clip.

Mind if I ask where you purchased it? ie. Online vendor or local? Being on the extreme East Coast I highly anticipate having to order my exhaust from the mainland.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
take the gm badges off the side. ew. ha ha looks good otherwise. are those 17's?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ah yes... Ebay > *

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
looks good, love the color of the rims

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few more pictures I took yesterday

- Above is my CD player - CD4100 Eclipse

- My SW7000 Titanium 10" Eclipse Subwoofer /w stock Pioneer still there

- My Seat Covers (Had a few ppl ask about them - I think they fit in well with the original interior colours

- Engraving on the shift knob of the TWM short Shifter

- Shifter height of TWM short shifter

- Just a close up shot of the passenger side projector headlight.

- Grille - I just thought this picture looked cool.

And finally a video:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for doing the sound clip . Sounds good!

I'm still undecided what I want. I've been looking at the GM touring exhaust, but the $500 price tag isnt very appealing.

For $100, the magnaflow muffler is a good alternative...though it won't give the same HP gains...oh the decisions.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jlmd said:
Thanks for doing the sound clip . Sounds good!

I'm still undecided what I want. I've been looking at the GM touring exhaust, but the $500 price tag isnt very appealing.

For $100, the magnaflow muffler is a good alternative...though it won't give the same HP gains...oh the decisions.
Here is my theory - the exhaust they put on our cars is excellent! Stainless steel and the original weld is like no other. Most exhausts that equip bigger tubing require more modifications to have it fit - the downpipe has to be bigger to allow it to fit properly. Also, most systems have a resonator delete which in my opinion causes the car to sound very raspy and it sounds like it is back firing on downshift (I know this because I had the straight pipe 2.5" stainless system on and I took it off for just the muffler).

I don't notice a difference in HP between the two, if there is it was not noticeable.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The shifter took about half an hour - the hardest part was getting the tiny little zip tie through the top of the shift boot to secure it to the metal o-ring for the new shifter - that took about an hr lol.

As for the seat covers - I challenge you to find something nicer that will not only fit our cars but last. Seat covers are the best investment IMO when it comes to saving the interior of the vehicle - especially high traffic areas (the front seat).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts