21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Good job! installation looks flawless

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow, that sure is awesome! You should take some full engine bay pics! Congrats!

·
So Delicious !
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the input, I wasn't too concerned with the tuning, I'll probably just have Trifecta work their magic for that part of things. Have you had any trouble code problems going catless?
Only codes I had at first was a P0172(system to rich) that is gone after
some better tuning and no other codes at all.
Good job! installation looks flawless
Thank you, sir.
Wow, that sure is awesome! You should take some full engine bay pics! Congrats!
Some more pics here.
http://www.g5club.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12444

pretty badass
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
have u upped the boost at all yet?

i didnt realize that zzp setup would let u keep ur strut bar. had to ditch mine cuz of my over the valve cover charge piping.

·
So Delicious !
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
UPDATED ORIGINAL POST:
Thanks Luke (Toolman) !

have u upped the boost at all yet?

i didnt realize that zzp setup would let u keep ur strut bar. had to ditch mine cuz of my over the valve cover charge piping.
11 psi right now, maybe 12 if I make it
to the track at the end of the month.

I actually had to go back after the install and tweek that
charge pipe in the couplers to make the strut bar fit again.
It is really tight there, but not rubbing at all.

Turbo Engine Bay 005.jpg

Turbo Engine Bay 008-1.jpg

Turbo Engine Bay 003.jpg

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
im impressed man. u keep ur bay lookin real good. i only have mine like that at shows. i like ur polished valve cover. i might try that when i do my motor rebuild.

12 psi is awesome i must say. makes a punch from any of the first 3 gears worthless lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Holy crap... 12psi? I was paranoid about going that high before rebuilding the internals of my engine. So the LE5 is capable of taking that much boost on stock internals? I wonder if the L61 is or if I'm going to need to rebuild before I turn the boost that high. Hey what BOV are you using by the way, I'd like to use a quiet one for that sleeper effect.

·
So Delicious !
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
im impressed man. u keep ur bay lookin real good. i only have mine like that at shows. i like ur polished valve cover. i might try that when i do my motor rebuild.

12 psi is awesome i must say. makes a punch from any of the first 3 gears worthless lol.
Thank You. I agree I have traction issues, need wider tires.

Holy crap... 12psi? I was paranoid about going that high before rebuilding the internals of my engine. So the LE5 is capable of taking that much boost on stock internals? I wonder if the L61 is or if I'm going to need to rebuild before I turn the boost that high. Hey what BOV are you using by the way, I'd like to use a quiet one for that sleeper effect.
I think the stock LE5 could take 14 if you don't abuse it, over that and the fuel system can't keep up, from what I've heard.
I don't know if the L61 can take that much boost without internals.
I have a Tial or a no name Tial replica BOV, what comes in thier kit.

Very nice, Randy!
Undoubtedly Randy, you do some very nice work :)
Thank both of you !

·
Registered
410 Posts
man your engine bay is incredibly nice. good work man!

The instructions make it look so easy. How long did it take you to do the install?
lol yeah i was thinking the same thing... instructions always make things look so easy... in real life its usually a bitch :p

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Thank You. I agree I have traction issues, need wider tires.

I think the stock LE5 could take 14 if you don't abuse it, over that and the fuel system can't keep up, from what I've heard.
I don't know if the L61 can take that much boost without internals.
I have a Tial or a no name Tial replica BOV, what comes in thier kit.

Thank both of you !

le5s can get in the 400s.. zzp says best bet is over 14 psi you need valve springs. to stop valve float

l61s are ok around 250 whp without built internals but the tune has to be pretty good.

yea that zzp bov is the remake of the tial that they sell. i recently bought it. what kind of sound does it make btw?

·
Registered
150 Posts
le5s can get in the 400s.. zzp says best bet is over 14 psi you need valve springs. to stop valve float

l61s are ok around 250 whp without built internals but the tune has to be pretty good.

yea that zzp bov is the remake of the tial that they sell. i recently bought it. what kind of sound does it make btw?
So I should keep the boost low until I rebuild the engine? I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Excellent write-up! Unfortunately, I'm not boosting the 5, I'm saving it for the Talon. :(
So this doesn't help me much haha.

Unless I hit the lotto, then both will be boosted!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts