G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On wednesday i hit a pot hole, which flattened my tire instantly. I hit it going about 35-40 mph. I pulled over, put the donut on my car, and drove away. The donut was on my right side, thats why I figured my car was slightly pulling to the side, sinze the donut was so small. On saturday I got a brand new tire put on my rim, and I proceeded to put it on my car. After having the new tire...i noticed a few problems
My car has a few problems:
-Pulling to the left
-Loose feeling steering wheel (Have to turn it about 20 degrees before it engages my tires)
-Rpm's go down to fast (Say its at 5,000. When I take my foot off it immidiately to 2,000)
-My brakes are acting strange. (Normally my brakes are farely "loose" and now when i barely push down their fully engaged" Also when i pump my brakes, my whole car shakes.

I havent had any of these problems before I hit the pot hole. If anyone knows what these could be from, let me know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
get an alignment.
what a site that must of been.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wow must have been bad i went over a curb by accident and my frame is dented with red paint on it lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost crashed about an hour ago when it was raining. I pulled out of my job on to the highway, barely touching the gas my car went to 5,000 rpm and hydroplaned across all lanes into the median. Luckily there were no cars around me at the time, so i didnt hit anyone. The median is the same height as the lanes on the highway so my car was not damaged. I got the car all the way home, it was a struggle though. My cars brakes felt like they randomly engaged and at lights the car would not go above 2,000 rpm then kick to 5,000 and my steering collum would become stiff. I called up a few places. My transmission is slightly damaged and the pot hole may have misaligned my front axel. Im just happy my car didnt get any physical damage on the way home. I allways felt so safe in my car. I worked on it and did custom things. Ive never been more scared then all the times ive hydroplaned today

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomorrow I have to drive my car to a shop to get an estimate. Im considering getting it towed under the circumstnces

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I almost crashed about an hour ago when it was raining. I pulled out of my job on to the highway, barely touching the gas my car went to 5,000 rpm and hydroplaned across all lanes into the median. Luckily there were no cars around me at the time, so i didnt hit anyone. The median is the same height as the lanes on the highway so my car was not damaged. I got the car all the way home, it was a struggle though. My cars brakes felt like they randomly engaged and at lights the car would not go above 2,000 rpm then kick to 5,000 and my steering collum would become stiff. I called up a few places. My transmission is slightly damaged and the pot hole may have misaligned my front axel. Im just happy my car didnt get any physical damage on the way home. I allways felt so safe in my car. I worked on it and did custom things. Ive never been more scared then all the times ive hydroplaned today
Wow sounds rough man glad to here no one got hurt.you soul get itchecked out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They think this all happened because I have the "wrong type of tire on my car". That makes no sense at all. I get to pick up my car tomorrow and see all the problems/cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts