G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 G5 coupe with manual seats. When I pull up on the seat handle to slide my passenger seat backwards, the handle moves a little bit, but the seat doesn't budge at all. How do I fix this?

It figures that I can't even replace the seat with a working one, because without being able to slide the seat back and forth, I can't get to the bolts in the floor.

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting, since the hardware under the driver's seat looks different than the passenger's seat. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,967 Posts
Removal, and inspection of the seat mechanism would be my first action. Could be something as simple as something jammed in the mechanism.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,863 Posts
If the seat is stuck in the forward position, you have all the room you need to remove the seat. There are only two bolts in the rear that hold the seat down. Once you remove those, the seat tips forward and sides out. Don't forget to unhook all the electrical connections under the seat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the seat is stuck in the forward position, you have all the room you need to remove the seat. There are only two bolts in the rear that hold the seat down. Once you remove those, the seat tips forward and sides out. Don't forget to unhook all the electrical connections under the seat.
No such luck. It was stuck all the way backward. Fortunately, a 15mm wrench and more patience than I thought I had were able to get it out.

One of the rivets in the right-hand side had broken off, so I guess I'll be checking the junkyards for a new seat. But I got it out long enough to clean the carpet, which was my goal. Thank you all for the help!

Vehicle Car Trunk Auto part Automotive exterior

1 - 4 of 4 Posts