1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
649 Posts
I had my resonator taken out before I had my cat back system put in - left it on after the system was put on and it sounded like it was back firing all the time when I down shifted and it started to sound like a bee once the carbon built up in the muffler a bit - so I had the resonator put back in. To each his own though.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry its the intake resonator, not the exhaust resonator

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ahhhh - do you have an aftermarket intake in there?

I ask because the resonator on our cars is not only to resonate the sound but to improve air circulation to the motor. The resonator somewhat acts like a CAI (More restrictive of course) but I wouldn't recommend taking it out unless you have a CAI installed because the intake is now pulling in warmer air.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought about that, but if i buy an intake it will be the weapon r which is a short ram, and the short ram will be in a worse position than where the airbox draws now, so what the heck i took it out. the 2.2 isnt meant to go fast, and i didnt buy it to do go fast(not 100% true ha ha), so i dont mind the small if any performance decrease for the cool sound.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds nice, i like the exhaust tone, just curious as to what kinda guage that is on your dash by the A-Pillar, is it a fuel to air gauge or something

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a gps. i just have it on the page that has the odometer/speed/time/etc.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
looking nice man. but i would be pretty scared to park near that white ford with the student driver driveing it :shock:

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats my dads truck. he thinks thats funny, its on there as a joke. ya its funny when hes driving it, but when i have to i get pointed at and laughed at it sucks (im 17). people think my parents put that on there for me, so when im driving it i feel like an idiot. its a super cab f250 with a 4" lift. that sticker makes me mad ha ha

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
lol i hate stickers my gfs car has a sticker on the back thats pink and said carefull blond thinking i hate driveing that car im glad the tranny blew up

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the overlay? my dad did it for me. ha ha. he owns a bar on a corner and the neighbor building is a flag/sign shop. he knows the people really well and they just gave him a scrap sheet of vinyl about 10 inches square.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts