G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll start out by showing you what kind of car I had back in March... here is my Cavalier! Heres 3 shots.

^^^That was the past... final memories of my Cavalier and some of my only shots of it... ^^^^

This is now... what a sexy beast... This was a month ago after washing my car:

I was starting to get bored and I'm a little shot of money right now... so I decided to debadge my car and drop the strips off the sides of the car... looks much better! (sorry if the pictures are crappy just 1.3MP camera phone for these ones)

Simple interior shots:

^Cheap $40 car seat covers^

Videos of my 4x10" subs powered by 2amps pushing over 1500W of power :shock:

Now please forgive me as I'm a REALLY crappy photographer. I'll try to post better ones as a take better shots. I got too lazy and didn't bother blanking out my license plate for the rest of them.

I do have some future planned mods as soon as I work up the funding... I have to wait on paying off some loans first...
My next mods are all going to be appearence:
-5% Tint on tail lights/rear marker lights
-G5Club window banner
-G5Club rear window decals
-SS spoiler
-17 or 18 inch rims
-New modded antenna

After I've done those mods... I'll move more towards performance...
First thing I have in mind is CAI. Then we'll see where I go from there.
I plan on doing most of the body mods hopefully by springtime.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Too bad the cavalier had to go...great looking car

You have a sweet looking pursuit, with a badass sound system. Lemme know when the G5Club rear window decals are avaliable. I want to get one on mine.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Hardwire that radar, either into the fusebox or directly to the battery.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
denlou said:
Hardwire that radar, either into the fusebox or directly to the battery.
I'm not even sure I want to do that... I may end up selling it as its only good for cop cars... for the radar guns they are USELESS... because it barely if at all picks them up as it'll only pick it up after they've hit you. Reason being it doesn't always put off a signal until they've hit that trigger... I got a speeding ticket early this week not too happy about :evil: . Oh well, I'll just dispute it and have it thrown out like I have my last two. I was thinking about purchasing the Whistler radar system where the sensor is in the grill and the screen you put it on your visor... nice little hardwire hidden system.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Clarions came with my Cavalier when I baught the car from repo dealer... my MTX subs/amp/box/install kit costed me around $600 after tax for the works I think... I've got the bill laying around somewhere... Then my bud also had an extra amp laying around.. we had 600W RMS amp powering the Clarions (which sound amazing for clarity)... 400W RMS amp powering the MTX's which are mounted in a ported box to give more effect (sledgehammer to be exact) which give the boooooom!... thats over 1000W true RMS power and can reach peak of over 1500W... it made my spoiler dance if you check the videos lol...

Deck Pioneer AVIC-D3 costed $990 CAD+taxes (got it as a package deal with subs/amp)

Got my 2 way paging alarm, PS2, power inverter (hidden, installed, pernamently mounted)

Bluetooth, Remote, iPod cable I had to buy seperately... Overall I invested just under $3500 for the whole system.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Rob said:
oh lol.. well radar detector $400... its upgradeable too.
I think you wasted $300 on that detector haha. No system is going to pick up LIDAR until it's too late.

As for the hardwire, what I did was run the cord from the center of the dash under the weather strippin between the dash panel and the windshield, behind the dash and the drivers door, and behind the hood release then I ground out to a screw under the dash and ran a wire between the side mouldings on the floor (the plastic door covering by the door sills) to the battery in the trunk. Or you could connect an "add-a-fuse" to the fusebox to get power there. Make sure you get some fairly thick gauge wire, I think mine is like 12.

If you don't want to cut off your cigarette lighter plug on the detector, you can get a spare cigarette lighter and wire that up to the battery. I did that and zip tied it up behind my OBD-II connector. Can't see it, but it's an easy place to disconnect if you ever want to take the radar with you.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Laser isn't well picked up. Sometimes you get lucky and catch a reflection off of a rabbit infront, but usually the Laser detection is a ticket indicator, even on the Valentine One. There are a few products out though that'll help you against laser better, including VEIL and laser jammers.

Anywasy, considering you paid 400 bucks and its not bulky looking, and you're in Canada, I'm guessing its a Bel STi?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Pics look good. I used to have a radar detector, but stopped using it once I starting driving the speed limit, lol. I like the head unit you have, looks really smooth in there. Can the seat covers tighten up a lil bit, because that would make them look even better than they already do.

The debadge looks perfect, good call on that one! And adding the third brakelight mod makes the whole backend look really good.

Very good start on the car, can't wait to see some updates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts