G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm installing a new stereo into my G5 since its aux port is finally starting to wear out.

What I have purchased so far is
Stereo: Pioneer AVH211-EX
Wiring Harness: metra 70-2104

To my knowledge, this should be all I need to install my stereo into the car, but it will not retain chimes or warnings, and I'm going to assume my amp will no longer function.

What I believe I'd need to purchase to fully retain all chimes, accessories and steering wheel functions are:
  • Axxess GMOS-04 Class II OnStar Interface for Amplified Systems
  • PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Interface

So with all that information now laid out, I want to know if what I've said is correct and proceed with my install, or if there's anything I'm missing/better way.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
615 Posts
You'll lose chimes, but not the amp that powers the speakers. I personally went with the PAC to retain the steering wheel controls (but still have the chimes unhooked). You have everything you need to install the unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll lose chimes, but not the amp that powers the speakers. I personally went with the PAC to retain the steering wheel controls (but still have the chimes unhooked). You have everything you need to install the unit.
alright cool, I don't care about the chimes too much and I might pick up the PAC to install later.
But I opened up the wiring harness and was looking at it and it only has 12 wires.
Battery/Constant
Ground
Illumination
LF+
LF-
RF-
RF+
Power Antenna
LR-
LR+
RR-
RR+

Just want to make sure it's supposed to not have ignition and amp +- and I don't have a faulty harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts