G5 Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen, this unreliable terd g5 is letting me down once again. Here's my issue my steering is shaking like crazy anywhere over 80 and it rattles over every bump at every speed. IT FEELS LIKE MY CAR HAS ICE SKATES. Serouisly, I redid Front struts sway bar links tie rods even control arms. I did rear shocks and coils. AN i got all 4 new tires..... all of these parts have under 2000km's on them. PLEASE please please help me. I dont have time right now to take it to a mechanic I looked quick and everything looks ok no leaks from the steering rack. Sway bar bushings look dry but been like that forever. I can put one hand on my door and rock the car back and forth with little to no effort. I'm pissed with this car right now, since I drive an hour to work everyday on the highway I want to feel safe.

Thanks any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH and I also just did my brakes and rotors myself, they got about 1000km's on them but no visible damage to brakes an they work mint

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
63 Posts
How many miles are on it?
I would check and change your Rack & Pinion and the Intermediate Steering Shaft. And have your tire balance checked, just incase they half-assed it the first time. You can do the Rack & Pinion yourself, but unless you have a lift, I wouldn't recommend it. We had to drop 2 subframe bolts and the 3 tranny mount bolts to slide mine out. Took about and hour or 2 and its the first one I've done. It has 2 bolts and its an electric steering gear, atleast on the 07, so no wiring or hoses.
As for being on skates, Welcome to G5s lol. If you want traction. I've heard Rotated Engine & Transmission Mounts, Spherical Lower Control Arm Bearings, and Traction Bars. These cars are stupid light, Under 3000lbs, stock. Im a bag of bones and I can rock my GT just by shifting back and forth in my seat.
And if your looking for performance since you've already practically rebuilt the suspension, I believe the 09 has the 2.4 LE5 Ecotec or the 2.4 LE9 Ecotec, they take mods pretty well; I've heard up to around 300hp before you should to upgrade engine internals & 220lbs of Torque before the Convertor should be replaced if you have the Automatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts