G5 Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 G5 GT got hit by a brand new full size GMC truck 12/21. My ex says it needs control arm (he says this from 500mi away).... Not sure if I should try to get it fixed or just sell the car??? It has 110K miles, and a rebuild title, the guy I bought it from said engine was rebuilt at around 40K mi. What say you people? As far as insurance coverage, I don’t have full coverage and he had a fake insurance card..... I have no idea what’s going to happen with all of it
Am trying to figure out how to add pic, but basically the right front wheel is tilted in at the top really bad....

·
Registered
46 Posts
What a shame! I really feel for you. I am not an expert and it's hard to tell without a picture anyway. Did you get an estimate?
At least parts for those cars are not too expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update! So here I am, and I am happy to say that I have my car FINALLY up and running! After it got wrecked, my dad practically begged me to just leave it at their house and not sell it. Then Covid hit, and he got bored. Started straightening out the right front quarter panel and such. It took over 18 months and around $3000 total but I am SO glad to have it back! I can’t remember everything that he either fixed himself or had repaired at the shop, but this is what I do know: new headlights, new front brakes/rotors, tie rods, A-arms, struts all the way around, and he even put new tires on. This car is far from perfect but it’s definitely me lol.

7/9/21: these are 2 of the pics I took right after the wreck in Dec 2019. I can’t make them show up without being sideways. Sorry. Will post the “after” once I see if this works.

My 07 G5 GT got hit by a brand new full size GMC truck 12/21. My ex says it needs control arm (he says this from 500mi away).... Not sure if I should try to get it fixed or just sell the car??? It has 110K miles, and a rebuild title, the guy I bought it from said engine was rebuilt at around 40K mi. What say you people? As far as insurance coverage, I don’t have full coverage and he had a fake insurance card..... I have no idea what’s going to happen with all of it
Am trying to figure out how to add pic, but basically the right front wheel is tilted in at the top really bad....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts