G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putting this in. I'm thinking I'll take the badges off now that my brakelight says this. Any opinions?

Super easy mod and cheap. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, I noticed your weather stripping is exposed on your brake light. I was having the same problem with mine when I was doing it..You just have to try a couple of times to get it centered just right.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i noticed that after i took that picture and looked at it lol so i went back out and took it apart again until i got it right.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
njg5gt said:
yeah i noticed that after i took that picture and looked at it lol so i went back out and took it apart again until i got it right.

Hey, no prob. I'm glad my how-to helped you

·
Registered
493 Posts
their is a group buy going on at CSS,for this "NEW" third brake light,Its led and its bright,also its a plug and olay>>so no wiring to do.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, I saw that on CSS...Looks ok. I want to see what somebody does with the taillights.

I saw This on a neon once, only with a blacked out taillight...
something like that would look awesome on our cars.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i like what everyone here has done with their 3rd brake light,but i can't help thinking that by blocking out some of the light,you are losing that brightness you would need on a dark and dreary night>>safety concern.

·
Registered
493 Posts
njg5gt said:
Just got done putting this in. I'm thinking I'll take the badges off now that my brakelight says this. Any opinions?

Super easy mod and cheap. Thanks.

I like it alot,now that you are advertising its a pontiac,you can lose the emblem off the rear deck.LOL

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
since posting that pic, i went out and took the dealer, pontiac, g5, and gt logos off the back, and the gm emblems on the side off. you could say i went a little debadgeing crazy lol but it looks great and now i can use those emblems on the car in other places.

·
Registered
493 Posts
njg5gt said:
since posting that pic, i went out and took the dealer, pontiac, g5, and gt logos off the back, and the gm emblems on the side off. you could say i went a little debadgeing crazy lol but it looks great and now i can use those emblems on the car in other places.
good for you,it sure cleans up the back end,take your "GT" emblem and put it on the silver trim over the glovebox??

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im actually going to get another gt and put one on either side where the gm logos used to be.
the dealer has them in stock so i might go get it tomorrow
im thinking ill put a g5 logo inside above the glovebox

·
Registered
493 Posts
njg5gt said:
im actually going to get another gt and put one on either side where the gm logos used to be.
when I'm done the supercharger set up,i was thinking of putting a GTP or GXP one on my trunk

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
g5mike said:
njg5gt said:
when I'm done the supercharger set up,i was thinking of putting a GTP or GXP one on my trunk
sorry man, you usually come up with some sweet stuff but the GTP or GXP decals would be a tad bit rice heh.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts