G5 Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2.2 base 2008
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought a 2008 Pontiac g5 with 80xxx automatic and it’s kinda ugly on the outside anything’s recommended to do to the exterior? And some smaller things to do under the hood to make it have a little more get up and go.

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
25 Posts
There are a (LITERAL) ton of mods you can do to the car. If you want performance, always remember the golden rule...you have 3 choices. Those are: CHEAP - FAST and RELIABLE. You only get to pick 2 and you'll NEVER get the third!!!

So, what do you want out of the car? Do you want a better driving experience, do you want better fuel economy, more horsepower???

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
The biggest and most functional effectiveness modification for the exterior is to replace those ridiculous factory headlights. I opted for the Spyder halo headlights, and love them! It really makes the car look modern. Under the hood, you can install a cold air intake. It'll give you a few horsepower, but also make the engine sound a little better. For overall performance, I'd recommend swapping out stock dampers and springs with something aftermarket, and there are a variety of levels to go with them. An easy bolt-on is a rear sway bar, which will help keep you more level when powering out of a turn oh, and help keep the inside front tire a bit better planted on the ground. When the time comes, definitely look into something aftermarket for the exhaust system. Again, lots of different ways to go. Although, just about anything is better! Of course, there's always the traditional wheel swap.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts