G5 Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this gets asked a lot but I just want a response for myself from all of you.

I currently have a 95 sebring and it just needs replaced, its a strong good running car but the frame is rusting out and its time for an upgrade. Im only 21 and if I get a g5 it will be my first new car purchase.

Anyhow today at a dealer I found an 07 g5 silver that was sticker priced at 15k and after rebates and discounts etc came down to 12k something. Thats not bad at all but its just a base model, 2.2 auto.

I was kinda hoping to find a 2.2 but with sports and preferred packages. Its not a huge deal im sure I could get some new rims, a steering wheel cover, a new exhaust tip etc.

But is this a pretty good deal? And I have looked through the site and seen some mods lie air intake and exhaust stuff etc but are there a decent amount of mods for these cars yet? I would love to put some money in to it and beef it up over time a little just dont have the extra money for a gt model right now and really dont want to pay for premium gas all the time.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
There are lots of mods available so far, but they're a little bit pricer than you might expect due to low demand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the price is that pretty decent for an 07? I also forgot to mention it was a demo model but the sales rep that was driving it left the company before driving it a lot so it only has 1700 miles on it which isnt bad for a demo which is usually around 6-7k

Also there is a slight chip on the rear bumper that they said they would take care of for free (a big dealership pontiac gmc buick etc so i dont doubt they would do it right). Should I try to take the price down further because it was a demo car?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Thats actually a good price... I pay in the end after taxes and what not around $18 000 CAD for my 2006 Pursuit (same thing as a G5) base 2.2L.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the factory add-ons if you plan on modding it anyhow. (such as after market deck/subs/speakers). Tinting the windows are fairly cheap (usually dealer marks up a fair bit).

IMO sounds like a decent deal... seems how the GT's usually run around 19-22K

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh its not a gt its just a base but the bases price is usually 16-18k but its still last years model so i dunno. I probably will go through with it since I really need the car and I like the g5s and its not a bad price

·
Registered
298 Posts
That sounds like a really good price to me. same as above, you are wasting money on the 'upgrades' if you plan to upgrade further. The only thing you might want to think about would be the stereo, as that is getting more difficult to upgrade these days, but it can still be done, as many have done it as well.

Just make sure it is what you want. Last thing you want to do is spend 12K on a car with no power windows, you drive to Tim Hortons, and pull up, and every time you do it you get pissed off cuz you didn't spend the little extra on the power windows, or some such option. Don't just settle on something becuase it is convenient, there are always deals around places, and more cars will come through the lot, with different options (and different prices). Nothing worse than being stuck making payments on a car that you don't like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great advice guys thanks for all the input. It has power windows and stuff and a remote starter and locks and all that so im set there since my current car has none of that lol.

I do love the car im just overthinking it since its my first major major purchase.

Again though thanks for the encouraging opinions and general politeness.

·
Registered
298 Posts
no prob.

Think about what it 'doesn't ' have that you want in a daily car. sounds like it has most stuff that I would want anywyas.. lol... missing thigns I assume like the spoiler etc, but if you want, that's definately somethign taht you can add on.

you could even negotiate, say you wanted a car with a spoiler to the dealer, but that is the car that fits the bill, see if they will order you in a spoiler at dealer cost or something... see waht you can do :) worst that can happen is they say no..

let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm with smokey. If you have to make payments on something as long as that, make sure its what you want. As far as upgrades, if you know its something that can be easily upgraded, wait till you're used to making payments and have enough money to put to the side a bit at a time for mods. The dealer told me that electric windows and keyless entry is standard equipment. You might want to make sure it has a sunroof if thats something you'd like to have. It sounds like a good deal you're looking at so far. Just make a mental note of the basics you would prefer when purchasing a car, and just remember mods can wait. Good luck man.

·
Registered
314 Posts
for an ENTRY level car.....this car will fit your every need = ) nd rock your sox.

-accleration is great
-alot of room
-alot of trunk space
-aux jack
-the seats are way comfortable
-nice nd stylishhhh
-dont have to turn ur lights on and off ever again
....well i think thats y i got it haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts