G5 Club banner

What do you think of the new blue?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on another site, and the 08's will be available in a new color; Blue Flash Metallic. My opinion is that the color looks a little cheap, and nothing will beat the arrival blue for GM blue.
Cobalt pics
in the background you can see an imperial blue cobalt.

G5 pic

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think with all car colours, the deeper car colours look better.. not that I dis like many car colours, but if I was buying one, deep reds and deep blues look better than light blue. that shade does say 'cheap' to me too..

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Smokey said:
I think with all car colours, the deeper car colours look better.. not that I dis like many car colours, but if I was buying one, deep reds and deep blues look better than light blue. that shade does say 'cheap' to me too..
QFT

·
Original Member
904 Posts
i thought it was supposed to be Nitrous Blue

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
I don't like it. As it was mentioned, it looks similar to the cavalier blue, and it looks cheap. the darker shade of the colour, the better it looks IMO.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Yah. It kinda smacks of low-budget cheepo car to me to. I can see many young girls getting this as their first car from mommy and daddy.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
I'll up y'all one on 'horrible'! Back in High School, there was a teacher that had a Porsche, nice condition, prob'ly late 70s model. Had it in puke lime green! Easy to tell when he wasn't in school: if you could GLANCE at the teacher's lot (from upstairs classroom) and not get the urge to spew, him not there. If you got queezy from the glance, then his green car was there. Musta been a nice grass-green at one point. Definate faded paint color!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not gonna completely beat it down until I see it in person, but seriously GM can not really get a blue right.

Arrival Blue: probably the best blue I have seen in a while

Lazer Blue Metallic: good in pictures; too purple in the wrong light

Nitrous Blue: What happened to this color? I heard discontinued
Imperial Blue: Too dark, once again too much purple

They should put the Impulse Blue Metallic from the GTO's onto the G5's. Even if you have to pay extra for the color (like the red tintcoat), it would be a really nice color.

·
Registered
649 Posts
My favourite by far was this colour

Commonly known as Midnight Indigo Blue. My old cavalier was supposed to be that colour, but the paint code messed up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
farfrmnormal said:
My favourite by far was this colour

Commonly known as Midnight Indigo Blue. My old cavalier was supposed to be that colour, but the paint code messed up.
The new Imperial Blue should be very close to that color, hafta keep my eyes open.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah not a big fan of the imperial blue either, i really like that Impulse blue metallic on the gto if gm made g5's in that color i would either be going to trade my car in or its gettin a paintjob

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That nitrous blue might look better in person, so I don't know about the pics. From what I've read, theres supposed to be 3 new colors. Anybody see them yet. I might swing by the dealership today to see if they have any of them in yet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts