G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep your eyes peeled!

Let me know what you think of it. I'll be posting it up VERY soon and it will feature a bigger section for ROTM, Sponsors, Quick links to the forum(same as before), a new darker look.

I will also be purchasing vBulletin to come soon and a darker template to match.

Premium memberships and stickers to come soon. We have also chosen a new font for G5Club but still need a new logo so keep the submissions comming... I'll post the font soon for everyone to make a logo with.

Regards,
-Rob

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally Posted! Still needs a lot of work.. but what does everyone think of the main page?

I spent a couple hours just fiddling around in Photoshop/Frontpage and threw together a quick design thats easy to work with.. I do plan on adding a lot more. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to what I'm missing? I like to hear feedback from fellow G5'ers seems how you are all who help keep this site running! 8)

Notice that the ROTM will be a major highlight. When/if you when ROTM we now ask you create a little write up about who you are and your G5! You can display as many pictures as you would like to showcase your ride.

Enjoy!
-Rob

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking at new phpBB forum templates right now just uploading one right now I'm goin to test trial out do some quick mods... and maybe launch as default template see how everyone likes it... if people don't like it... then I'll switch back to original phpBB theme until we get vBulletin.

·
Registered
298 Posts
isn't it like really really god awefull early in the morning there at that end of the country? especially for a holiday monday?

·
Registered
298 Posts
yeah.. probably don't spend too much of your time on it right now, as when you get vbulliten ofcourse the look will totally change. But just having something up there to make it look like the club is 'open' to passer-by's will be good for sure. Just don't go all crazy with it like some of the club's (ahem to remain nameless) have, where their front page is huge, full of forums and this and that, and links, and ads etc. Although the ads are needed for revenue, keep it to what it needs to be, and link to the forums. Much like what was up on here before.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not officially released yet but I'm working on modding a template for phpBB I found.... If you want to trial it out and let me know how you like the look and feel of it!

Go to Profile>Board Style:>Choose smartDark>Press Submit

Let me know if you guys like this... I won't officially release it until I get feedback about it :twisted:

·
Registered
298 Posts
well then.. now we are getting somewhere!!!

Was getting tired of the 'classic' colours.. lol..

love the simple black and white setup :) makes the other stuff, pictures etc, all stand out nicely.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smokey said:
well then.. now we are getting somewhere!!!

Was getting tired of the 'classic' colours.. lol..

love the simple black and white setup :) makes the other stuff, pictures etc, all stand out nicely.
That is why I was up so late last night until 4:00 AM haha... Wanted to make sure I got SOMETHING together I was tired of seeing a redirect and then seeing the boaring phpBB theme.... I've got more themes I can play with but so far... I think this one is by far one of the best for matching the colour themes I was thinking of in my head.

·
Registered
298 Posts
excellent looking good so far. options are always good.

lol.. when I got to work you were still up, , you went to bed (I assume), I'm still at work, and you are up now. not sure but I think you had a better thanksgiving holiday than me..

G

·
0 Posts
hey rob what is the font name of the logo, I think I have a way to make it look a "little" better.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
got it. some things seem kinda grainy or pixelated...but overall i like it much better than the other style

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
njg5gt said:
got it. some things seem kinda grainy or pixelated...but overall i like it much better than the other style
I've heard many complaints about certain graphics such as the Pontiac notification logo... I'll see about trying to sharpen that up... Thanks for the feedback tho! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
good job, keep up the good work

1 - 20 of 37 Posts