G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I got sick of the plastic brick, and the cheapo shift knob too, it made my hands sweaty!

So I went with:

momo airleather shift knob

it rocks, looks great, more weight to it than the stock one, high quality leather and it sits lower than the stock one so it's like if I had cut my shifter, I like that.

momo pitstop metal handbrake handle and boot

can I say MUCH better than stock? huge improvement, was a bit of a PITA to fit, in fact I'll probably have another go at it later by fixing the boot to the console maybe, but it's still great, I like it a lot.

Took a few pics, they didn't come out very good since the lighting conditions and high contrast didn't help but you get the idea.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
There havent been many aftermarket ones I like, but that's one I do like.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the handbrake there's a very nice how-to on CSS.net which I used.

As for the shift knob, if there's interest I could but honestly it's very simple

hardest part was finding a way of making the boot stick with the new knob!

Thanks for the comments, I went with high quality products and a "classic" look, nothing too fancy but that's the way I like it.

Looks very nice when you open the door with the doorsills too, it brings some highlight to the dark interior!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Lookin' good!! When I get some time I'm going to do the e-brake mod. I used electrical tape to hold my boot up :lol: can't even notice it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
your dont have a short shifter do you? and if no how did you get your knob off i cant get it lol, and i want a different knob.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
If you feel the very top of the boot, you'll feel a plastic ring. Just squeeze the ring, twist and pull the boot down. At the very bottom of the shift knob, there are a bunch of lil tan colored clips, just pry one of the clips out barely with our fingernail and pull the knob up at the same time. It should come right up.

·
Registered
830 Posts
pull the boot all the way down, as far as you can go and there will be a little clip... twist it i think counter clockwise half a turn and pull down .. down comes the boot ... then pull like a bitch to get the knob off :)

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
th0ughtless said:
Awesome setup man. I'd like to get that setup in my car. What did you have to pay for it all?
one part wasn't worth it: the boot

I paid (shipped and tx inc)

120 for the handle
95 for the knob
70 for the boot

momo stuff is expensive, and that's less than the MSRP.

as for how to remove the shifter, there's a great how-to video, check it out!

http://media.putfile.com/Remove-shift-knob-and-boot

be cautious not to break the clips, I took mine off like 4 times and I broke one retainer clip. doesn't matter anymore though!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I love my shift knob that I got ... it was 15 bucks ... but i took out the led lights that were in it, they got insanely annoying.

·
Registered
830 Posts
th0ughtless said:
I'm going to go with a short throw shifter and then worry about changing the knob later. I might order it next weekend.
twm comes with a new knob anyways :wink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts