G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Found this at a used car lot on West Mount Houston Rd, Houston, TX. It was to good of a deal to pass up I felt I could not go wrong purchasing it at the price I paid. 85,000 miles, an American brand four cylinder (was what I was looking for) with an excellent interior, automatic transmission, and ice cold AC.
I paid much less than I expected and for that I am grateful especially at this time. I test drove it and was impressed with the responsive steering and the smooth acceleration. This is my first Pontiac and I'm really enjoying it so far. It gets like 38-40 mpg on the highway, this little car is great for daily transportation and road trips.
I don't know much about the brand but I do know Pontiac was known as the sportier division of GM and I'm impressed with what they did with this Cobalt platform and the interior is very nicely laid out. So far I've washed it thoroughly as well as the interior and replaced the air filter and in-cabin air filter. I painted the steel wheels black and added some shiny wheel covers (it was missing the wheel covers when I bought it.) I have plans for a custom made cold air intake and will update occasionally as I progress along.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to G5. Though you have the 2.2L, most of the parts outta all the 05-10 Cobalts & Ions are interchangeable with the G5s. Chevy HHRs have the same blocks too. The 'Balt M62 S/Cs are cheap and plentiful if you're looking for some more power and are almost bolt on, though Tuning is a must

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
85 Posts
Hello and welcome! Looks like a nice car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome! Looks like a nice car!
Thank you, the roof and hood are badly sun damaged with some patches of surface rust exposed in quarter sized areas. I will have to sand, prime, and re-paint both as well as add new cloar coat. Im not even going to color match the paint im just going to use gloss black paint, I will do a before-and after pictures. Id say two cans of clear-coat four cans of black-gloss paint and 180 grit, then 400 and then 600 grit should work. So probably about $100 to get the job done and $29.99 for a new grill emblem that is cracked on the bottom, but I can always get that later. If everything comes out well, ill hit up the front bumper also on a later date.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would just color match it. Pretty sure its the same gloss black GMs been using for decades, you should be able to get it cheap af. Also instead of replacing the grille emblem, I'd do a custom mesh. Get a Cobalt grille if you dont want to cut your stock one, clip out the plastic bars and fit some black mesh in. I believe a few of the model year Cobalts had grille emblems you could remove without sanding it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts