G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Had the Transmission replaced at 115,00 4 months ago. Local shop Did the work charged me $3,300. They got me a used transmission which was fine. Big issue I got 3 months ago it started stahling not all the time but now gotten worse. Didn't take it back to were the trans was put in. The new mechanic that recently worked on it replaced 02 sensor, replaced throttle then he found out that the torque converter clutch in my transmission needs to be replaced.. Question: should this go under my warranty on the trans?? The didn't replace the Torque converter that was in my car. Any advise!m. Thanks. Bobby

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
The Torque Convertor is a Transmission Part. I find it very unlikely that it's not the one that was in the new transmission when they installed it. Whether they'll warranty it depends on what their warranty covers.
They could (and certainly should) drop the trans and replace the Convertor itself. They also make alot beefier ones than Stock one, just an fyi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Torque Convertor is a Transmission Part. I find it very unlikely that it's not the one that was in the new transmission when they installed it. Whether they'll warranty it depends on what their warranty covers.
They could (and certainly should) drop the trans and replace the Convertor itself. They also make alot beefier ones than Stock one, just an fyi
Now they can not start the car to check the Torque converter clutch. They have had it 5 days now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts