G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing to get in on the forum. I have acquired a 2008 G5 GT with the 2.4l, I’ve never been a 4 banger type guy but doing some research I’m seeing that your able to get some respectable HP out of these engines,,, well since mine is still bone stock I will be looking to do some engine upgrades!! Any and all suggestions and advice will truely be appreciated!!
I will ask you guys that I need some sources for performance parts!!
Thanks in advance!!!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
Welcome to G5!
If you're looking for more power, the stock m62 supercharger set up can be had relatively cheap, or of you're looking to spend some cash, a TVS1320, a Whipple 1600AX (I think) or a C1 ProCharger (was the Ion Procharger). There's also a plethora of Turbos that can be had.
Check out the assorted flavors of Chevy Cobalt forums as these are the same car. Look for LE5 (2.4L Engine) and LSJ for everything else basically. There are a couple things that arent compatible but for the most part you should be fine.
Happy Building!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sir 500,, Thankyou for the input!! As I do some research and have been looking around I’m really interested in the supercharger, once I figure out what all is needed to install one on my engine I’ll get started,,, but the thought of buying a complete engine and doing a fresh build with a SC and just do the engine swap that way I’ll have a brand new car…lol
Thanks Again! I’ll keep y’all posted on the decision & progress

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
You'll need this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts