G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I have noticed an influx of new members joining our fine forum. (in which we need to entice them to opt in for Premium Membership to help support our site!) In proportion, I have also noticed hardly any of our newer folks expressing interest or have signed up to attend our upcoming Lordstown Meet in July.
Why is that? And,,, Rob, Mods, Premium Members and active supporters on here, how do we remedy this? I think we ALL would benefit from the support of increased Premium Membership AND the fellowship from a great turnout in July at Lordstown. Ideas??

GTO 1

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well I'm fairly new, I suppose I can help. In my opinion, premium is hard NOT to have. It's only $10 for a whole year and you get a bunch of cool features. I was only a normal member for a few days. So I don't what else there is to really do besides telling them to do it when you're talking to them. Just don't over-do it lol. As for the meet, I live in Florida. I just simply cannot drive that far for a meet. I know a lot of you are northerners so that works for you guys.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm fairly new, I suppose I can help. In my opinion, premium is hard NOT to have. It's only $10 for a whole year and you get a bunch of cool features. I was only a normal member for a few days. So I don't what else there is to really do besides telling them to do it when you're talking to them. Just don't over-do it lol. As for the meet, I live in Florida. I just simply cannot drive that far for a meet. I know a lot of you are northerners so that works for you guys.
Thank-You NGL_G5!! It IS quite a bargain in today's time, but reconsider the meet if you can and plan ahead so it is not so hard on you and a safe trip. It definitely is about "our folks" from all over.....If you stay here a while, a lot of these folks on here will seem like family (some just treat you like family! LOL). Point I am making, you may wish you did attend the meet as time passes. A lot of guys on here, I am really looking forward to shaking their hand, shoot the breeze, see their rides and burn up some film!

GTO 1

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thank-You NGL_G5!! It IS quite a bargain in today's time, but reconsider the meet if you can and plan ahead so it is not so hard on you and a safe trip. It definitely is about "our folks" from all over.....If you stay here a while, a lot of these folks on here will seem like family (some just treat you like family! LOL). Point I am making, you may wish you did attend the meet as time passes. A lot of guys on here, I am really looking forward to shaking their hand, shoot the breeze, see their rides and burn up some film!

GTO 1
I would love to go, I just really can't. I have classes and it's a bit too far for me lol. I'm only 19 and the farthest I've driven is Tennessee and I wasn't even driving then. Maybe in a few years when I'm old enough to drink and looking for a road trip lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is very good timing because I've wanted to contribute to the site by becoming a premium member. However Paypal is not my best friend right now. When I clicked on the premium member link and signed in I found out that my credit card on file had expired, or I had to revalidate or some damn thing. I'm just not good with stuff like that. I buy online a fair but but not with Paypal. I only have the account because I had a dubious flirtation with eBay some time back. I'd be only too happy to send a money order for $10/US. Apparently you can link a bank account to Paypal but that in itself seems like a pain in the ass.

On the Lordstown event, I just cannot get away much as I'd love to join you all. Besides once you're in Lordstown, it isn't that far to Sandusky where all those great rollercoasters are! I work in government and where we normally have a staff of ten in our workgroup we're down to seven but with no corresponding decrease in demand, so taking anything more than a few days off is out of the question right now.

I'll keep working on the Paypal thing. Ten bucks is nothing, you can spend that much on one of those fancy coffees at Starbucks (if you're a fool)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ten bucks is nothing, you can spend that much on one of those fancy coffees at Starbucks (if you're a fool)
Exactly lol. I hate that place. If you're getting something cold, even their largest size, you get a whole cup of ice and a shot-sized amount of the actual drink.

·
Registered
635 Posts
1) Garage: My favorite feature of being premium. You add your car, post the mods you've done to it, post pics that show those mods (or just the sexiness of your car). There's a whole rating system within the garage that is pretty cool as well (Prices/Installations/etc).

2) G5CLUB.net decal discounts if you ever choose to buy some.

3) Premium-Only Section of the forum.

4) Username turns Red and you can come up with your own title.

5) Year-long subscription.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything. As for the money, I'm guessing it funds terrorists...

Second guess would be that it most likely goes to Rob to make it easier for him to keep the site paid for and add new features like more space for our pictures and what not.

Plus the warm, fuzzy feeling you get for supporting the club ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I can't quite remember. I used a credit card through PayPal. I didn't even have a PayPal before doing that, but it's easy to set up. You just go through the steps of normally paying with a credit card and at the end it will just ask you for an email and you'll have a PayPal!

You can look at it without paying to answer your question. Just click the links to become premium until you get to the page where you have to pay and you'll find out.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I really don't know..... P.M. "ROB" and he can fill you in on the do's and don'ts and what is acceped payment forms, ect.
He keeps up on things, but you may direct him to this thread so he can best answer any questions you may have and can help you. RING FLYER is a great "go to" person on here also. VERY knowledgable!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Exactly lol. I hate that place. If you're getting something cold, even their largest size, you get a whole cup of ice and a shot-sized amount of the actual drink.
That's why you get the signature hot chocolate.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I know that you have to pay $10 to become a premium member. But I was wondering if I could give a little more, because I know how hard it is to pay for a site when a person isnt getting enough money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts