G5 Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of summer I noticed one night that the dashboard lights in were out. The odometer and the warning lights are on but I can't see speedometer or gas gage. Then when I got away from the street lights I noticed a head light was out. When I stopped to check, the light wasn't out but both of my lights where just dim. The driver side head light is so dim you can barely se it but it's on. I checked fuses and the battery. I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be great. Someone said that a squirrel might have chewed some wires. Pleas help.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
140 Posts
Check your battery connections for corrosion. Check battery voltage. Check the ground cable for breaks or corrosion in the line. If those are good, Id change the fuse even if it looks good. As for your dash cluster, its possible the bulbs went out but I dont think thats likely.
Its possible your light sensor went bad (small bubble on the top of the dash) which would dim all interior lights and switch to DRL instead of Low Beams. If you can flick your Hi Beams on with them not being visibly dimmer than usual (dirty headlights) then I would say its your issue. Try covering it with your hand then turn the key to ACC. No Lights? Bad Sensor
Also, where do you live that you have squirrels that will eat wiring harnesses in an unabandoned vehicle? I'll make sure to keep away lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts