·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw a code P0172 (Bank 1 Too Rich)
Lost Traction (Service Traction)

Reset Code. Gone.

Figure that out.

Anyone else throw this, or any other codes yet? I'm kinda pissed the car doesn't even have 2500 miles on it.

Also when the light was on my miliage was reading upwards of 55 MPG when reset and driven on for a bit. I do that alot to get a semi instantanous reading (Like my friends Regal GS), and it never goes that high. I'm also aware that it is a running average when you do that.

Everything is cool now, but I still am nervous. I told it everything would be okay... //madness.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I got it pinned, it was about 90 or so here today, and tonight down to the low 70's and the fog is so thick people are pulled over, is something fucking with my sensors? Others were complaining of engine problems tonight in my town as well.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
maybe its the heavy moisture in the air messing with the airflow sensor. if a lot of peeps were complaining its not something with your car specifically, obviously. oh and watch the language please, tryin to keep a friendly environment

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**Update**

Code back w/traction error.

Dealer refuses to run codes under warentee if my K&N drop in is the cause. Blaming a containated MAF. Called K&N and they are resolving the problem right now.

Starting to bog very badly around 1800 RPM.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Traction error? That would have nothing to do with the bogging or the filter. That would possibly be brakes.

Fight the dealer and tell them to prove the filter contaminated the MAF - highly unlikely. Contamination usually only occurs atfer the MAF is removed from the intake body.

Fight it! It is a warranty thing. Sounds to me like the MAF is failing.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Pontiac and they spoke to another dealer closer to me who has no problems at all taking a look at it, and has no problems with K&N. Problem is that the appointment is a week away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This exact thing happened to me. The oil on the K&N filter ruined my MAF. They kept it under warranty, but of course warned me if they saw it in again, it wouldn't be the same story. For future reference i'd only use dry filters. I also had loads of problems with my TCS and it turned out to be my ECM. Did you actually see your traction light come on? It says TC with a slash through it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah I had the ongoing problem for about 6 months before they finally fixed the damn thing. Everytime I saw the light come on, I would just lose it. Everytime Id go for a drive it would happen. It's fine now but damn I wanted to burn the thing. And the tranny would shift SO rough when TC was disengaged. I was worried it would F-up the tranny bad.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really now?

Alright, I might go buy some electronics cleaner and a new paper filter and tell K&N to go smoke a pole.

I'm really dissapointed about this, and yeah, my car shifts like a old truck.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bombz Away.

Seems like cleaning it and going back to a paper element helped, however, I don't own a scan tool to reset the code, I don't know if it's in limp mode or what.

It also is making a slight ticking sound and the idle is a bit rough.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Bombz Away.

No difference, found large random dent in door, losing will to care about car anymore.

·
Registered
232 Posts

DecoyGSX said:
losing will to care about car anymore.
I was there for a long time too bud, don't get discouraged. I've accepted the fact that dents, scratches and all that shit happens regardless. If you lose love for the car, it's a shitty feeling I know, but keep her going for a bit and see if your situation gets better for ya.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yeah, I just take alot of pride in my car and all...

Hey, my 91' Buick still drives like a champ though, and that has a short ram made from a cut up Cavi intake with a big ol' K&N cone.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
XStorm43 said:
Did you actually see your traction light come on? It says TC with a slash through it.
Yeah, it will happen even if the car is just idle.

That light will illuminate even with the check engine light off. It really seems like the ECM/PCM/WhateverCM is at fault.

·
Registered
232 Posts
DecoyGSX said:
XStorm43 said:
Did you actually see your traction light come on? It says TC with a slash through it.
Yeah, it will happen even if the car is just idle.

That light will illuminate even with the check engine light off. It really seems like the ECM/PCM/WhateverCM is at fault.
Its probably the ECM, I had the same problem except it took them about 6 visits and over 6 months of that crap for them to 'figure' it out. When you take it in tell them to replace the ECM and you should be good to go!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts