G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two year plan setup for me to own my G5 with little to no payments!!!!

1. Sell my car, buy a newer one.( 95-96)
2. Sell that car, buy another newer one(99-00)
3. Sell THAT car, buy a newer one(03-04)

Sell that one, Use the cash to put towards my G5, along with my

Dustin needs a new g5 and soon foundation money

add in the gm discount. and maybe some cupins (coupons) my grandparents may have received

Maybe wait for some SUMMER SALE EVENT!!!!!!!

and two years from now I will walk or drive off the dealership lot with a brand new 08,09 model g5, or if something else strikes my eyes, with little to no payment.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
stupid idea.

the more steps you add the more chances are you'll lose money on the trade in, have to do repairs etc.

also the G5 will be dead in 2009 so you're fucked.

just get a decent like 2002 car right now, save up, and get the next gen in 2k9 when it comes out.

or why not the new astra, it looks awesome although it doesn't have a really big engine

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
njg5gt said:
Renesis said:
also the G5 will be dead in 2009 so you're fucked.
where did this come from? confirmed? or jsut an opinion?
Yeah curious as well... I think G5's will outlast G6's... and will be just like the Cavalier/Sunfire... They'll stockem' and upgradem' for the next 10 years then rebrandem' again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA!, THE TWO YEAR PLAN LIVES!!!!!!

You will all be jealous, yes yes, very jealous.

·
Registered
298 Posts
definately if you want to save up for a car in a few years, just have a beater right now.. Get something that will just last a few years, a few thousand $$ and you are in, with no monthly payments... put money in a high interest savings account (in canada you can easily get 4.5-5.5% interest accounts) and watch your money grown.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Smokey said:
definately if you want to save up for a car in a few years, just have a beater right now.. Get something that will just last a few years, a few thousand $$ and you are in, with no monthly payments... put money in a high interest savings account (in canada you can easily get 4.5-5.5% interest accounts) and watch your money grown.
you sound like an ING commercial :lol:

I doubt the G5 will make it to 2009. It was primarily a stop gap anyways. Better chance of an Opel born compact for Pontiac.

I'd bet that a G5 won't be the current dream car in 2 years. That's way too much time for new cooler stuff to come out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I doubt there would be an Opel compact for Pontiac. The Saturn Astra is a rebadged Opel compact. Why would they call it a Pontiac too?

Although GM has been known to pull dumb shit like that before.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a g5, but its my moms. but I drive it every chance i get yo's

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
hey i was excited when i was 16 and got to drive my moms 1990 4door civic around lol, i put a cheap $80 deck and 2 crappy 6.5" speakers in lol wasn't the prettiest thing out there but it got me around

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha when I was 16, I was driving our 1999 Caravan, but then my mom bought a 2005 Sunfire with the sport kit (body kit, lowered).

I felt so cool at the time driving the Sunfire around, after I got my "N" and could drive alone.

·
Registered
830 Posts
when I had my L I had my 91 topaz, my parents didn't want me driving their cars :lol: but when you have your L you'll drive anything with wheels haha... I can totally relate thou because at this time last year I was just starting out driving.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Renesis said:
and now that you both grew up a little you know these kids are lame and usually drive like ass.

so you shouldn't be proud to say you once were like that :wink:
I'll be damned if you're going to tell me you were never like that Frenchie haha. Driving your Renault around with Poutine in the cup holder hahaha....

I'm just kidding btw, but you already knew that or are a grouchy bugger.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts