G5 Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad might be buying a 1998 ford svt mustang convertable from a friend of his. my dad knows he wont be able to fit comftorably, hes 6' 6" so i think i might be getting a new summer cruiser. he said he could get it for 9 grand. hopefully it works out.

its black with a black top with black leather. were going to see it this weekend when i come down from school. cant wait

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Stang's are nice. It was a hard decision. I had the choice of a 2001 Mustang GT Convertable for $11,000 CAD (SWEET STEAL) or taking over my sister's 2006 Pontiac Pursuit. I decided since gas prices were on the rise, even though it would have been AMAZING... to go with the Pursuit. :evil:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i think so cuz even with my 2.2 vs a 01 mustang my 2.2 wasn't obliverated. i was surprised i could even keep up a car nd a half length back for a while. i dnt think it was GT though

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Yeah the LX's are not that much faster than our cars, the newer ones are barely 215hp? But weigh almost twice our cars. :lol: Can you say TUB?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The 99 - 04 GT's were rated around 270hp. The V6's... 190hp.

As to choosing th Pursuit over the 'Stang, I hear your pain... as I traded in my Mustang ('04 3.9V6) on the G5 to save on gas. Bonus was a nice refund from the insurance co. as well. And I'm pretty sure my G5 GT is faster than the old Stang was.. and I had it tricked out pretty well....

The SVT Cobra, as I recall... is supercharged. A whole other bag of snakes over the GT.

The '05 and newer Mustang GT's are 300hp.

I test drove an '07 Mustang V6 with the 5 speed. Very nice. Quite quick... but... again, fuel efficiency is a stickler with me as my commute is 80 miles per day.

·
Registered
277 Posts
flipplaya331 said:
well i guess. since its a gt its probably pushin over 300hp so. anything pushin 300 its ok in my book
Agreed! I test drove an '06 Mustang GT... alas it was an automatic trans... but I must say... I've not been pushed back into a seat like that since driving my '71 Pontiac with the 455 in it. And that was like 25 years ago!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts