G5 Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why would Pontiac closing, alter OUR July event? It happened, it's business. And no one here can change that. But the Buick Clubs, GTO and Firebird Clubs will continue to stay together and actually flourish as time passes. We still have great cars, that I really happen to like. Pontiac's closing cannot change the relationships built and friendships extended to fellow G5 owners, especially on this forum.
Some of our members are younger and you will own MANY different cars over the years as your life unfolds. If you are a "car guy" (gal), this first car you own/drive or maybe it's the 1st car you bought on your own or WORKED to mod to make "yours",,, will be VERY important to you, as the years pass. (I urge you to take and keep many pictures for later.) Not identical,, but sort of like a first love. You just have to trust me on this one.
We can't change Pontiac's business decisions, but that should not influence our Club's direction and purpose or our friendships made.
Hopefully this will expand our meet to make it all it possibly can be.

GTO 1

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
I like what you wrote. I've said it before that this club will probably be here for many years to come. The type of people here will change as more and more people buy these cars second hand, and we will see more and more troubleshooting threads as the majority of the members exceed their factory warranty. All this, and the camaraderie will still be just as strong. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well said. My G5 was both my first Self purchased car and one of the first cars i have spent over $2k on modding. I am glad to see so many people had the same reaction i did when i first saw the news on pontiac. let the G5Club.net dream live on. :D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
In order for this site to live on, we've gotta stop totaling out G5's :(
Pretty soon, there won't be any left, especially once they stop production... lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts