G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently, my cam really wants to go today!

Thew this code two days ago, goes away when engine is restarted and only comes on if engine is cold.

CSS.net reports that it can be from either the solenoid, actuator, or oil viscosity. I have a >1000 mi batch of Castol Edge 5w-30 in right now. Oddly enough it IS right to the full mark on the dipstick. I'm gonna drain a bit out tomorrow and see if that has any effect. Only started since the weather went cold a few days ago.

This code DOES activate limp mode, hard shifting on autos, and crazy loud exhaust tones! Any input or experiences appreciated! I also have a persistent P0300 as well. (Catalyst Low Efficiency)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I thought p0300 was a missfire??

get your car into a dealership anyways, I had a cam actuator fail on me. caused very rapid changes in position like from idle position to max rpm position right now.. not cool...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought p0300 was a missfire??

get your car into a dealership anyways, I had a cam actuator fail on me. caused very rapid changes in position like from idle position to max rpm position right now.. not cool...
Maybe I put the wrong number, it IS the low efficiency code, NOT misfire.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Do you still have warranty?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes.. Maybe.. No.. Yes.. Crap.

Checked oil level and realized it wasn't just at full, it was above it! Don't know how, but whatever. Drained out about half a quart, motor quieted down and it hasn't come back on yet... I hope it stays that way, all my dealers suck or went under.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This code DOES activate limp mode, hard shifting on autos, and crazy loud exhaust tones! Any input or experiences appreciated! I also have a persistent P0300 as well. (Catalyst Low Efficiency)
Sounds like VTEK to me!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a trip to the dealer for me, oil level wasn't the issue.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an appointment for Wednesday, I'm kinda afraid of them rejecting the claim due to my mods. Yes, I was aware this day would come when my mods could cost me, thank you.

If all goes through they did promise me a rental. Should be interesting. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
sounds V-TAK*** lmao

Please keep us posted, I am very curious about this problem. As interesting as it may be, I wish you the very best and hope your car feels better :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They actually just called me (Brustolon, CT Rt. 1) and told me that their was "Water in the 'Camshaft actuator sensor', it shouldn't be there because there should be an engine cover on that engine. But we are gonna fix it as a one time deal"

Really have no idea how it really got there, haven't detailed my engine in a month or so... Really strange. Guy was nice enough over all about the whole deal, and even agreed to replace a door handle that had broken out of B2B warranty. One of the other guys in the shop thanked me for letting them know what mods I had ahead of time. I'd call them mod friendly overall, which could be an asset to anyone in the RI/CT/MA area.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We are gonna fix it as a one time deal? First off, when has it be a requirement to wear the engine cover? And the valve cover should have been tight enough from GM to not allow water to seap thru. Have you ever removed your valve cover? if so was the gasket changed?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never removed it, they said it seeped from the two plugs on the left hand side of the valve cover (facing towards engine). I guess they consider the cover to be mucho importante.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
total bs, they are trying to blame you for their own error, and are trying to brown nose to you saying even tho its ur fault we will cover it cause were the shit.

GM=fail in this thread!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's being fixed, that's all I know. Dealer is a last resort for me, for a reason.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like how I post this here and get people asking questions, and wishing me luck, and over at CSS.net no one even really read the tread because it didn't say "I broke my..." or "HELP NOW PLZ! CAR WONT MOVE IN 'N'" or "Check out my new turbo (That will never get installed)"

G5Club is a win!

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
They actually just called me (Brustolon, CT Rt. 1) and told me that their was "Water in the 'Camshaft actuator sensor', it shouldn't be there because there should be an engine cover on that engine. But we are gonna fix it as a one time deal"

Really have no idea how it really got there, haven't detailed my engine in a month or so... Really strange. Guy was nice enough over all about the whole deal, and even agreed to replace a door handle that had broken out of B2B warranty. One of the other guys in the shop thanked me for letting them know what mods I had ahead of time. I'd call them mod friendly overall, which could be an asset to anyone in the RI/CT/MA area.
haha, good to hear they're fixing it! definitely messed up that they're blaming the absence of the engine cover though :lol:

G5Club is a win!
agreed! :-D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my car back, they also did indeed fix my door handle as well. I do have to snap a photo for you guys, the sensor/solenoid they replaced looks way different than they one they took out... Oh, and apparently the actuator WAS bad too, the whole thing had shorted the managed to destroy itself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts