G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone (I think I've seen pictures, but I can't locate any for some reason nere) painted the accent pieces that go around the radio and across the dash? I'm thinking of painting mine in the body colour of the car, but it seems to me that with the radio and the HVAC controls still in the silver colour, it will look bad.

Has anyone priced out these pieces at the dealer at all for replacement prices by chance? (incase I do it and hate it)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I know I've seen pics of that mod all over CSS. I bought some color-matching paint and did my eyelids. I will have pics in this evening BTW. Anywho, just write down your VIN number and bring it to the parts guy at the dealership. I got mine in a 5 ounce can for $10. Just make sure he knows you want the paint in a spay can, because they also sell a touch up pen.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i took the whole unit out of the car, took the faceplate off, and plced shrink wrap over the part that directs the light fro the tiny leds inside. haha when it got warm, it just molded to the contours of faceplate. after that you cut a hole for the selector switch and put it back together. took all of 20 minutes

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Where can I find that stuff. A guy on CSS said he just used cellophane from card and factory, but when I went to look for some, they didn't have blue.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i had the same problem, thats why i used shrink wrap. any crafts store should have it. i got mine from a store thats big around here called A.C. Moore. It was like 5 bucks.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I bought the factory GM red trim plates for $160CAD from the stealership.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
It's an old picture, my interior looks nothing like that anymore, but...

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Well, take your time. I had a lot of bubbles on my panels when I did my stock ones that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts