G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day y'all

I have a 2008 G5 2.2L. Fooling around with some other issues I found the PCM case is a bad ground. From the battery stud on the fuse panel to the frame of the TCM is a good 12VDC, but to the PCM is about 4VDC. I've read a lot on the TCM loosing a good ground, but does the PCM loose it's ground? I have no issues with the car running, misfires, codes, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm working through other issues with grounding and my engine computer, but... yeah, I found I don't have a ground at all coming from one of the wiring harnesses. I'm going to try to hunt down a wiring diagram during the week to find out what wire it is, and to find if it's a break or a corroded connector. Same year car, same engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm working through other issues with grounding and my engine computer, but... yeah, I found I don't have a ground at all coming from one of the wiring harnesses. I'm going to try to hunt down a wiring diagram during the week to find out what wire it is, and to find if it's a break or a corroded connector. Same year car, same engine.
I'll be interested in what you find out. TIA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll keep you updated. Will probably be back at it on the 1st or 2nd of July. If I find the wiring diagram or anything relevant sooner, I'll post it here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts