G5 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look to see if theres a performance upgrade for either part for a pontiac or should i just leave these stock?

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
ZZP is your best option for those parts, however since you're a base model, don't expect much gains out of upgrading them, even with a tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZZP is your best option for those parts, however since you're a base model, don't expect much gains out of upgrading them, even with a tune.
understood, what would be the biggest difference with having the base model, im on my second engine after having the car for only 6 months but put alot of money into saving this car and got an engine with 12k miles and the car runs and pulls great but it feels like everything is all motor right now and want to spice it up a bit

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Then my recommendation would be:
Shorty headers (for better low end + torque) - $170
2.5" DP with Cat - $220
2.5" Exhaust with resonator - $450
Tune - ~$500 - $1000

Since you're in California, you'll have to worry about the emissions testing with the high flow cat. You may need to contact ZZP for that. I figure this setup with a tune: ~+20-25HP. If I remember correctly, the G5 base starts at 140, so at least this would take you close to the 2.4L engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then my recommendation would be:
Shorty headers (for better low end + torque) - $170
2.5" DP with Cat - $220
2.5" Exhaust with resonator - $450
Tune - ~$500 - $1000

Since you're in California, you'll have to worry about the emissions testing with the high flow cat. You may need to contact ZZP for that. I figure this setup with a tune: ~+20-25HP. If I remember correctly, the G5 base starts at 140, so at least this would take you close to the 2.4L engine.
sweeeeet ill check into some things and will keep and update on how things are going , i appreciate your help 🍻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts