G5 Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have these upgraded and if so what's best to go with and where do i get 'em and how much do they cost?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
a better question is what you're planning to do with your engine that you need these? just adding them in wont do anything performance wise without a tune. if you're going f/i, bigger injectors are needed, as well as colder spark plugs. so what are you planning?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just trying to balance feul/air ratio for the time being... eventuallt the garret turbo kit though....

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i might go one step colder, but changing the injectors is pointless really without f/i.

the IDC's of the stockers is not outrageous as they are

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to know, after all i am here to learn as much as i can. this is the first car i've ever owned that i'm tuning and i'm no mechanic by any means so i'm glad be here to meet people that know what their talking about.... cause i know what i wanna do and i want it flawless, if possible a perfect tune. so the more knowledge the better.....

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the injector harness upgrade,unless you are pushing 210 or more it is pointless.Also if you do go with the injector tranny etc etc.. upgrade you need to have HPT to tune it in.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
mike, did you have to tune for your new cams? im in the market and wanted to know if i should tune after and if so, what?

·
Registered
493 Posts
njg5gt said:
mike, did you have to tune for your new cams? im in the market and wanted to know if i should tune after and if so, what?
I have yet to do an dynotune,I will in the spring,so I can get better use of fuel and tune the cams in cause they dont work well in the heat

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know something about cars, and I believe that Bosch Platinum +2 or +4 spark plugs make a difference and outperform the stock plugs, or conventional plugs of any brand. We have argued my point on this forum, and many proclaim that Bosch plugs are either defective or ineffective.

I know what I've experienced with those fine Bosch spark plugs, and they deliver. Going on the philosophy that "If you can't feel it in the seat of your pants, it doesn't exist", I am well satisfied with those plugs and I've used them in several cars, all improved.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Skinjob said:
I know something about cars, and I believe that Bosch Platinum +2 or +4 spark plugs make a difference and outperform the stock plugs, or conventional plugs of any brand. We have argued my point on this forum, and many proclaim that Bosch plugs are either defective or ineffective.

I know what I've experienced with those fine Bosch spark plugs, and they deliver. Going on the philosophy that "If you can't feel it in the seat of your pants, it doesn't exist", I am well satisfied with those plugs an=
d I've used them in several cars, all improved.
I have the bosh +4s and they did help my idle a bit but nor much else,most the threads on CSS,seem to indicate that the ngk coppers work better for us.

·
Registered
239 Posts
underground said:
good to know, after all i am here to learn as much as i can. this is the first car i've ever owned that i'm tuning and i'm no mechanic by any means so i'm glad be here to meet people that know what their talking about.... cause i know what i wanna do and i want it flawless, if possible a perfect tune. so the more knowledge the better.....
Man if your planning on going t/c i would not plan on getting it perfect the first time. i mean your gonna go through quite a few errors and i would be prepared to pay for fixing some of the mistakes especially since the garrett set up has been used on very few cars and the big problems still need to be discovered as far as tranny problems and tuning goes. IF you do plan on going that route though my advice to you would be to do some internal work and definatly do tranny work.That is a must because once you drive a turbo, trust me all you want is more power and if you buy that kit without doing anything to the car,strength wise, it wont be able to handle any more than 8 psi and you will be wanting to push more than that. So basically save yourself time and money and take your time and spend time on not necessarily making the car quicker, but stronger. good luck with that.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Good advice GD, start with the internals and trans upgrades, then worry about your options for tuning and F/I. The 2.4's already have forged rods, so you need to do the others componends and should be well on the way to a beefy engine. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
McGuyver said:
Good advice GD, start with the internals and trans upgrades, then worry about your options for tuning and F/I. The 2.4's already have forged rods, so you need to do the others componends and should be well on the way to a beefy engine. :twisted:
Yeah i've figured that so far. I was told to prepare my car for more power before actually doing it. I'm not planning on going FI for at lease another year. Right now i'm working on stiffening up my frame, weight reduction, better air/fuel ratio, engine dampers, clutch/flywheel and brakes. Very little dress up mods for the time being i wanna get my car as fast as i can get it N/A and tuned for that before i try FI. So far everything i've done has made me have to relearn my car and get used to driving it all over again. One step at a time, i'm in no rush.
Thanks for the info on the garret, i wasn't sure about it and i was gonna ask if anyones tried it yet. I know turbos can be complicated....

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Why not look into the Procharger set up, or Alpine? Hahn has a good one, but its huge and I dont know how the tuning is on it? I have seen quite a few Ions with the Procharger on it, looks goos and isn't all that expensive compared to the Hahn kit.

Also be careful with dampeners, I heard some bad things about them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts