G5 Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: Polyurethane

Type of Modification: Performance (motor mounts)

Price: $8 CDN

Product Rating: 10!!!!

Where you bought it: Local Home Hardware or Canadian Tire

Basicly take out the 3 visible motor mounts (there is one under the fusebox but its not nessesary to take out) and fill them with this miricle stuff. It makes a world of diffrence and for a less then 10 bucks mod u can't go wrong![/img]

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basicly, the objective is to eliminate motor movement which also eliminates 95% of wheel hop on our cars which is VERY bad.
When this stuff hardens it is extreamly stiff, but still has enough give to not cause stress cracks on the mounts.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We had some G6ers change their engine shock dampener (Blackrider being one of them) and they busted their motor mount brackets. :(

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
farfrmnormal said:
^^x2

If you want a poly motor mount, just buy one.

this stuff is exactly the same, only a hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
493 Posts
lorneh1234 said:
wheel hop is bad, but the tech in me says replaceing your motor mounts with that stuff could be...worse
my tech one time says otherwise and he is an ecotec master techniction,do not go for the number three stuff but number two is great,this elimnates movement in the tranny etc..there is alot of aluminum parts on our cars.so join up and lets eliminate damaging wheel hop!!!

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the support mike lol!

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
read the title lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I Know ;) It's just because a lot of people think that it won't do the same job as if i buy something else then only put polyurethane!!!

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trust me, filling with polyurathane and buying the poly replacement mount is all the same. I can't count the number of people that I personally know, that had filled the mount orginally to save money, then went out and bought actual mounts and noticed no diffrence what so ever. And as for cost vs. effectivness, you can't go wrong with poly. The only options for reducing wheel hop on our cars are Poly mounts and the Torque Dampaners, and IMO, poly works better then the stiffy

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not at all, its not concrete lol. It has some give. The good thing about it is, that most stress cracks on modded motor mounts occur when the torque is being absorbed by the metal casing and not the actual urathane. This stuff actual expands as it drys, therfore forcing all the air out and preaty much eliminating any "dry" spots where a stress crack could occur. Its kinda hard to explain, lol sorry if ur confused

·
Original Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think just me lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts