G5 Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just incase any of you were wondering, paint thinner takes spray paint and VHS off your car! Also, if your plasti-dip job is to thin to peel off, clean it off, apply 2-3 more coats, and it will come off a lot easier. If you dont have access to more, goo-gone and some elbow grease will take it right off!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think thinner will maker your paint comer of to not sure..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Technically he's correct, paint thinner will take off spray paint. But it'll take everything else off too.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Technically he's correct, paint thinner will take off spray paint. But it'll take everything else off too.
I used paint thinner on an old car of mine when i ran ovver a can of spray paint. didn't hurt anything when i used it was quick.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I used paint thinner on an old car of mine when i ran ovver a can of spray paint. didn't hurt anything when i used it was quick.
Yea it removes a little as long as you dont rub it around hard. But it is hazardous to the paint

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
First post pretty much nails it haha.

The worst ive used on my car is WD-40. Not sure acetone is a good call, but whatever.
I used rubbing alcohol on my trunk and is ruined :/ little piece only though lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts