G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Β·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably kind of early for some of us, but if ANYONE is interested in going to a Car Show, where you will meet a LOT of cool people AND have the chance to cruise around in your vehicle ALL WEEKEND, this is the show for you.

In order to partake in the cruises, you MUST REGISTER first!
The weekend starts of Friday morning. You line up your car for a spirited cruise. The drive is aproximately 50+ miles of twists, and turns through the Wisconsin countryside, which ends at "Edge of the Dells Raceway". Every participant in this cruise gets 3 laps on the track to do with whatever they want.

This is Gary Fowler in his '05 GTO

...and Nick Cada in his '06 GTO

...Josh Herrell (from Josh's Car Corner) in his '05 GTO

There is also a later Leisurely cruise, for those who don't feel like driving their wheels off. This one takes a little longer and typically ends at a destination (winery, restaurant, mushroom farm, once we went to a candy factory and got a tour)...always something cool!!!

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

After the cruise and hot laps, everyone usually goes back to their hotel to clean up, relaxand to get ready to hang out in the car show lot at the Chula Vista on Friday night. Some people grill out, some people order pizza, but EVERYONE is there to have good, clean fun and hang out with their cars.

On Saturday, is the car show (starting at 8 a.m.). Most people start rolling in around 9. Every participant gets a ballot (popular vote). Here's a quick vid of some of the cars which show up for the show (I'm the Brazen GTO that was the late comer). The car show ends at noon.

After the show ends, you have roughly 20 minutes to get a group picture of ALL the cars in the show:

Car Vehicle Plant Cloud Sky

Then we line up for the various cruises:

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Sunday, there is another 'spirited cruise'. Thisone usually is around 70 to 90 minutes long. When that cruise concludes, everyone meets back at the Chula Vista for the catered awards banquet.

This is really a fun car show and the ONLY one I really look forward to every year. I'm already registeredat the host hotel, but am waiting for the registration to open. We don't really get too many G5's at this show, but there are a LOT cars of varying ages. Most of the cars that partake in the spirited cruises are the G8's, GTO's, Trans Am's and muscle cars. I did bring my G6 GT convertible two years and I was able to keep up with some of the lightly modded G8's There haven't been any G5's at the show, but I'm hoping this year, I wont be the only one.

Wheel Car Vehicle Sky Land vehicle

In 2019, it rained, but this is my G6 vert w/ the GXP body kit πŸ‘† and a Stryker Blue G8 with a Holden Commodore conversion πŸ‘‡

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

It was raining (again) in 2018. This is the cruise we took to 2 different wineries! πŸ‘‡

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Land vehicle Vehicle

...the rain cleared, but the sun just wouldn't peek out....

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Β·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

another cruise, where we all learned some local Wisconsin history

Plant Sky Water Natural landscape Watercourse

Wood Font Grass Landmark Artifact

Water Water resources Plant Plant community Sky

sometimes, we even break to gawk at other cars:

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light

We went to see a covered bridge in one cruise in 2019, and this guy in a Camaro tagged along. It was the maiden voyage for this 68 Camaro, as the guy had just finished restoring it. He saw the '69 Firebird and followed him / us to the covered bridge.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

oddly enough, that white Pontiac Vibe was NOT with our group....but the Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS was (It's a Holden. The GTO and G8 were also Holdens, so we forgive the fact it wanted to be a Pontiac, but came along too late). JFYI...only around 50 Jungle Green SS's were imported to the US!

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Jeans

In 2021, we had an ABSOLUTELY beautiful weekend for the show. This is a cruise to a diner:

Car Sky Land vehicle Cloud Wheel

O.K....that is a yellow Saturn Sky, but if they allowed it, they will allow a G5!!! Thaks for looking and I hope we see some of you there in early October!!! Look for me!!!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Β·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought I'd add some extra pictures of various cruises and things from events past. Again, no G5's have been to this show (YET!!!)
There has been a few G6's here. I know, because thisis/was my G6 convertible w/a GXP body kit. This was the last official Pontiac Car Show my father was at (in the passenger seat) before he passed away last October.
πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡

Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Sky Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Plant Plant community Fruit Tree Natural landscape

Jeans Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Automotive parking light

Maybe some of these might yet one of y'all to bring your Delta-body to the show. It's not really about winning, it's about the fun and experience! I've been to this show 4 times and haven't won anything, except a door prize!

Β·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Less than a month away from this show and I'll be representing the βˆ†-body clan.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Plant

Reactions: Sir 500mph

Β·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
164 Posts
If I wasnt so far east I'd definitely come out

Β·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was definitely a GREAT show...with quite a few new faces.

Here are some pictures of this years festivities.

Car Vehicle Tire Plant Wheel

πŸ‘† πŸ‘† πŸ‘† Look at who is "ALMOST" in the center of the picture (just a little up and left)
πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡ πŸ‘‡...but who is pretty much, SMACK DAB in the CENTER of this pic!!!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Some of the fun from the Dells Raceway Park (I got in a few laps in the G5!!!)
and Friday night's Tailgate Party!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘† You can see, we had quite an array of vehicles and even more came out for Saturday mornings car show! At the Tailgate Party, we had a G6 GXP sedan, 5 G8 GT's - one of which was a Holden Commodore SSV conversion, 4 "new" GTO's, a 1974 LeMan's GT, my G5 GT, an '87 Trans Am and even a Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Holden built). It was a LOT of fun and the food was FLYING off the grille!!!

Here, some of us were taking the tour to the "House on the Rock"...

Sky Plant Cloud Road surface Natural landscape

Car Sky Plant Vehicle Tire

Like all good things, this years 2022 Pontiac Adventures has to come to an end. The We made a few new friends, I learned a few things about cookouts, cars and how to work on my own stuff....and LAUGHED all weekend! A lot of people had some interesting things done to their cars. We simply cannot wait for next year to roll around, and it will be upon us SOON!!!...plus, I have been self appointed to allocate the door prizes for the 2023 event...so it will be EVEN BETTER!!!

Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Plant Car Vehicle

Reactions: Sir 500mph
1 - 6 of 6 Posts