G5 Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone just purchased an 07 G5 GT with the 2.4 ecotec. I'm a Honda loyalist but got a good deal as this car only had 40,000 km at purchase. I let the tank empty out a filled up with v power at shell gas station and I've been getting 14 L per 100 km. At first I thought let me reset the system then I took the battery out to reset the ecu. Even the gas tank is depreciating quickly so I know the computer is not faulty but my car is milking gas. The air filter is clean and with such a highgas mileage I'm certain a tune up wont help. Additionally the car is idling fine and I've been driving watching the rpms to ensure I'm driving economically and I haven't used AC or the defroster. I've taken it in to the dealer today and they said I have to fill up three times show them receipts and mileage and then proceed which is b.s. why should I waste my money to gamble if this will be covered under warranty. I also had my key stuck in the ignition Saturday which is a recall for cobalts but according to the dealer its not for the g5. Not impressed with GM probably will never buy domestic again.

Any assistance would be helpful :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone with suggestions? I did read about a TSB that on the 2.4 ecotecs that the injectors may be faulty but the dealership is no help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone with suggestions? I did read about a TSB that on the 2.4 ecotecs that the injectors may be faulty but the dealership is no help

This is years past late but I too am having economy issues. Bought car second hand, I'm at 110,000km and she started acting funny.

I ran on a faulty Abs for several months, non-issue until all of a sudden my car won't change gears despite being auto...

So I start down changing shit out, abs fixed the shitty shifting but my economy hasn't recovered. I changed the sparks, air filter, fuel filter... They needed it but only a slight improvement. Sent her to a dude to clean out her O2 and Mani sensors... During a test drive she went into limp mode. Gm told him to tell me to change the computer or scrap the car... Wow big help. My dude laugh hung up and changed the throttle body. She works but STILL NO IMPROVEMENT.

Now I'm getting to the point where like a noob scrub I'll change out parts until something works ... Next is injectors and o2. We'll see...

It feels intermittent to boot...fml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts