G5 Club banner

Power lock switches not working, but keyless and transmission are able to lock/unlock

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  darkandshadow 
#1 ·
My driver side door lock switch does not work at all (I don't hear the actuators or anything, so power-related issue?). Power windows/mirrors work fine. The passenger side switch locks the doors, only to have them unlock seconds later.

I've seen a few posts about this problem, the solution seems to be replacing the driver side door lock switch itself. Before I buy the switch, I was wondering if anyone has experienced my exact situation and what the solution was? I also don't know how to open up the panel to replace the switch, so if anyone has some pointers it would be much appreciated!

#2 ·
It is pretty easy to remove the switches. If you look inside the handle area (where you would grab to pull the door shut) you'll see a little access panel that is removed by releasing the clip at one end of it. Just a heads-up, you'll probably break the clip... both of mine broke. I found it easiest to remove it with a paint can opener. I allows you to release it, and pull it up at the same time. Once that is out of the way, you'll see a screw that needs to be removed. After removing the screw, you pull out the entire bezel by lifting up and sliding it back. Then you can disconnect the wiring harnesses from the buttons. And then the buttons can be unclipped from the bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.