G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ripping a u turn pretty fast and as soon as the steering wheel went strait I lost power steering there wasn't a light and just said "power steering" on the dic
is this a common problem or notice power stearing completely fail any while after?

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
85 Posts
Came back once turned the engine off/on
That's kind of odd. It was an electrical problem. If it keeps coming back, you'll have to check the connections to the PS motor. At least this is inside the car and not a messy fix if you need to replace it eventually. I think this was a warranty issue / thing, way back in the day when these cars were new-ish and dinosaurs roamed the earth. Chances are it was replaced years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's kind of odd. It was an electrical problem. If it keeps coming back, you'll have to check the connections to the PS motor. At least this is inside the car and not a messy fix if you need to replace it eventually. I think this was a warranty issue / thing, way back in the day when these cars were new-ish and dinosaurs roamed the earth. Chances are it was replaced years ago.
Lost power steering a couple times yesterday and with the previous owner it probably wasn't warantied. I'll check the connector and ask the dealership if the ps has been fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts