G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Nice. :p

HID next? :?:

I'm just dying to get the same ones that have the HID already configured into the lights, I just have to get the money to do so. I probably won't get them until after winter since I don't want to ruin them.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would like to HID them, but probably won't for another month or so till I get the funds and finish my current project on the go. But definately going for some 8000K HID's.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ihaveag5 said:
where is a good place to get the HID projectors?
Okay, I won't harp at you because it was like half way down the page of search entries and still kinda vague if you didn't know what to look for but...

http://www.visionbulbs.com/

Also a plug for our sponsor.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
ihaveag5 said:
no i ment the whole kit, housing and the plug and play hid.
ebay. They usually have a set of both black, and chrome projectors on there every so often.

Chrome: 190149457769
Black: 190149457765

Both end 23 hours from 6:00 PM EST.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Very nice.. at least you got a working pair :'( . I'm still waiting for Canada Post to give me money for loosing mine after I went to go return them!

dtabbs said:
Looks nice.... and rainy.
Yeah thats Vancouver for ya...

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, working pair is a bit of a stretch...

The right wiring harness was broken, bypassed..... the middle LED light on the right one (hmmm a pattern here) was shot, a replacement is on order.

·
Registered
46 Posts
so when you buy the Complete HID projector kit from ebay, if i wanted to upgrade the bulb how would i go about doin that?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
ihaveag5 said:
so when you buy the Complete HID projector kit from ebay, if i wanted to upgrade the bulb how would i go about doin that?
The HID bulbs are already wired to that kit, you don't need to upgrade the lighting to HID.

However, a number of the other projector auctions from other sellers have halogen bulbs, but those two I posted are actual HID equipped lights. You don't need to do the conversion to HID from the Halogens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
oh okay, are those the plug and play type like the visionbulbs? but what if i dont like the color of the bulbs can i just go buy a new bulb for the hid to have the color i want?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The bulbs that come in the Halo Projectors are HALOGEN, NOT HID.

HID's will run you another couple hundred bucks.

Check out Visionbulbs, as stated for a replacement HID kit.

The bulbs you need are H1.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
On the 160 dollar ones they are Halogen.

I'm talking about the 2 auctions where they come with the HID kit (300 dollars).

Same headlights, just except the one seller prewires the HID to it instead of giving you the halogen bulbs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts