G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 G5 GT and I was wondering what you all think would be the best motor oil to go with. I was thinking I would go synthetic. Right now it has Mopar Max Pro. Suggestions?

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking into that. Sounds like it's pretty good. How much does it usually cost you for an oil change?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I've run MOTUL synthetics in every car I have ever had. Not just engine oil but trans fluid, diff fluid ect... I'd suggest that.

·
Banned
4,998 Posts
I've heard that it's not good for your engine to run synthetic, unless you run it right from the very beginning. Not sure if there's any truth to it though. I run Semi-Syn Lordco 5w30 in my rides :D

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
lol i get whatever the retards at mister lube put in..i think i useually ask for.......shit...to stoned to remember the name...oooo yah there it is..pennzoil..thats what i use...

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Well, right now I'm just using regular Valvoline 5W-30, but the next oil change I'm going to go to Royal Purple syn.

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going to go with the RP. I've been looking into it for a while now and I think this is my choice.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
there is no way full synthetic will screw your engine up, it's better than regular oil by creating better lubrication and it doesn't break down as fast. Some brands like motul or mobil one don't break down at all, but rather just get dirty...

·
So Delicious !
5,291 Posts
I've heard that it's not good for your engine to run synthetic, unless you run it right from the very beginning. Not sure if there's any truth to it though. I run Semi-Syn Lordco 5w30 in my rides :D
Actually there have been many cases
where and older engine switching to
synthetic oil starts to use more oil than
before the synthetic.....
but not hurt it.

My Experience:
I did oil changes at 3000 miles reg. oil
and still always full........
I personally put Mobile One in a 99 GA GT
with 50,000 miles on it, and at 1,000 miles
it was more than 1/2 qt. low....
by 4,000 miles I had added almost 1 3/4 qts.

People told me that its just the first run of
synthetic for the engine, give it one more run
of 4,000 mile :( I did and at 4,000 miles it had
lost another quart and some ??

I change back to Valvoline reg oil and at 3,000 miles
the oil was still full....... Just my personal experience

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
I ran Penzoil 5w-30 until the end of wear-in (~12K miles). Since then, nuthin but Penzoil synth. Only use high-name brand filters! The Ecotec is one finicky engine. most typical name-brand versions of the cartridge COLLAPSED to some degree after 3K miles!! Napa, Hengst (OE/ AC Delco), and K&N are able to withstand the flow demands AND give good filtration.

·
Registered
195 Posts
you guys run royal purple in your street cars? wow. We run royal purple in our stockcar. Thats some good stuff. But isn't kinda pricey to be putting in ur regular car? I run mobile 1 0w-30, its some kind of oil they've got now thats supposed to help fuel economy, i dont know whether it does or not, but its full synthetic, so its gotta be better than regular oil, right?

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
guess so...

:lol: sux 2 b u :lol:
LOL i like my cheap oil changes... i bought this car cuz i knew the maitenince (sp?) would be cheap...thus the reason for the cheap oil lol . it gets the best tires tho. good year TRIPLE treads...love that shit...one of the highest rated all weather tires on the market.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts