G5 Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i believe people have on css. they work great for like a week then screw up. go over there and check on em.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
DONT put them in GM engines, they dont mix.

Here is some service bulitons on them from GM

#PIC4536B: Service Charging System Message on DIC and DTC P0621

2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette
2004-2008 XLR and XLR-V Series

1. Check for aftermarket spark plugs. Plugs that are designed with a "Pulse" technology may interfere with this circuit and cause the Service Charging System message to illuminate on the IP and/or P0621 DTC store in the ECM. If aftermarket plugs are installed, replace plugs with OEM parts. This is not considered a warranty repair and all cost associated with this repair will be the customers responsibility.
A mechanic on service mechanic on G6performance posted this before:

I had an 06 G6 with a dead cylinder 3 and had some of these plugs in them-put the delco plug in and ran better than it did with the crapstars
Theres other horror stories of them not being setup properly and destroying a cylinder before and lower end needed replaced.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
the stock plugs or 1 step colder ngk's I do believe most guys are running. there is no hp to be gained from plugs anyways, actaully if champion gets there act together and gets a set out i willl buy them next. jsut the cheap copper plus's thats all I run in my boosted apps.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I have Bosch Platinum 4 tip plugs in mine. Is that bad?:confused:

No, what is being talked about is the "pulse" technology being used that doesnt work too well with newer cars.

Your car came with platinums, theres nothing wrong going with the bosch 4s, your ok :)

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
changing plugs is only really beneficial when you're adding power and need a step colder such as a NO2 setup or FI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts