G5 Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON my way home last night from st albert after the car show, and this vw is coming up really fast. get beside me and is on his brakes, him and his buddy are eyeballing the sh*t outta my car, lol. im looking back but they cant tell, side tint. we slow down for the first light, doesnt change.. screw it, the next light were doing 10kmh towards, lol. we catch the red.
me "nice car, waht you have?"
him "2.5 inline 5"
me " 2.4 naturally aspirated"
him " oh ya"
the light goes yellow for the cross street
him yelling "you ready for this"
lol, im just watching the lights now, goes green, we launch at the same time adn i get 1/2 a car on him. then continue to gain about 3 more cars by the top of second then I shut it down. If your not berside me by then theres no point in still going.
after that we catch the next light and go again, same outcome again. except I launched even harder.
after that he wouldn't even look over at me. i was right beside him and they jsut ignored me. lol

jsut saw a commercial for the new rabbit, 170hp???

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
nice kill, my buddy has got an 2002 vw golf 1.8t and him and i both know if i did put a supercharger on my car i would own him but that wont be happening for a while if not at all

·
Registered
493 Posts
i've killed two of these back in vancouver,for a 2.5 and being light,i thought it would have been closer.they are a good buy though

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
vws are turning out more and more dogs lately. bu be careful, some of those things are quick!

nice kill and shutting up anothe cocky vdub driver :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those 1.8t's are quick. I raced a lightly modded one and we were next to each other until he had to shift. Ahhh, the advantage of a 5-speed over a 6-speed. Less shifting. That was what determined the outcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts